Our other hobbies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

N4712

Guru
Vessel Name
Oliver
Vessel Make
Nordhavn 47 Hull# 12
Well thought a thread about our side hobbies besides boating. Here's mine running a mini excavator. Also if I had to pick another it would be fixing the boat.:lol:

Attachments

• image-2985504486.jpg
    image-2985504486.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 136
I haven't had much time for this hobby since I purchased Siesta, but my other hobby is model boat building.

Attachments

• image014.JPG
    image014.JPG
    151.8 KB · Views: 109
  • image020.JPG
    image020.JPG
    159.5 KB · Views: 118
  • image641.JPG
    image641.JPG
    126 KB · Views: 113
Hobbies? Who has time for hobbies?:lol:

Seriously, music has long been a hobby since childhood.
Also enjoy fooling with cars and 4wds.
Shooting is another pastimeI enjoy.

I used to love to fly when I was much younger and san's kids, but it's too rich for me these days. Besides, I hate heights!:lol:

I haven't had much time for this hobby since I purchased Siesta, but my other hobby is model boat building.

Very nice!

Nice Model! Thats funny because I'm into model warships which is big in Aus. :) I'm waiting for fittings a hull and running gear for an 1:96 Scale Ticonderoga Class Missile Cruiser.

Attachments

• image-225655577.jpg
    image-225655577.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 329
I pretend to be a boat owner on the internet...

...and scotch. I drink scotch.

Last edited:
+1 on the Bourbon :)

Fishing, woodworking (except varnishing teak) and guns.

Sex, drugs and rock & roll! ;)

Shooting and handloading. Here's some of the OCW workup for my Weatherby 7mm-08.

Attachments

• DSCN4584.jpg
    DSCN4584.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 103
Riding motorcycles, and fortunately my career of flying helicopters. It would be my hobby but I knew I couldn't afford it so I found a way to get payed to do it!! Lucky me!!!!

Oliver, you dig holes for fun? I need a pond in my back yard. Want to come over and play? Bring your big toy!

My hobby is building small boats and canoes.

Many years ago, when I was immortal, I flew hang gliders and ultralight airplanes.

Oliver, you dig holes for fun? I need a pond in my back yard. Want to come over and play? Bring your big toy! My hobby is building small boats and canoes. Many years ago, when I was immortal, I flew hang gliders and ultralight airplanes.
Yeah, weird hobby right? We don't really do small jobs anymore because the overhead costs are to great. But if you need a lake dug, we can dig pretty large ones. :p :D

Attachments

• image-3963816323.jpg
    image-3963816323.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 113
Other hobbies, hmm.
My wife would likely categorize my scuba diving as an obsession more than a hobby. Cave diving, wreck diving, really deep diving (300'+), ice diving, spear fishing, and the occasional reef dive....if the water is deep enough to get in over your head, I'm probably up for it.

Ted

Other hobbies, hmm. My wife would likely categorize my scuba diving as an obsession more than a hobby. Cave diving, wreck diving, really deep diving (300'+), ice diving, spear fishing, and the occasional reef dive....if the water is deep enough to get in over your head, I'm probably up for it. Ted
Your going have to take your new boat to the blue hole on Long Island.

Attachments

• image-1320825097.jpg
    image-1320825097.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 92
Your going have to take your new boat to the blue hole on Long Island.

I'm assuming this isn't Long Island NY. So where is this Long island?

Ted

I forgot to mention my other hobby, I keep about 50,000 ladies happy. I have a bee hive in my back yard.

Oh yeah, cats, I have lots of cats. When I grow up I want to be a crazy old cat lady.
I've got the crazy part down and almost enough cats.

Attachments

• image-184383654.jpg
    image-184383654.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 283
Trains. And I like blowing whistles and horns.

232323232%7Ffp53433%3Enu%3D3363%3E33%3A%3E57%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D32384593%3C23%3A7nu0mrj

Grandkids. But I don't know if that's a hobby or an illness.

And music. Not playing mind you, no one wants to hear that. I work (unpaid volunteer & board member) on one of the largest not-for-profit music festivals in the southeast. My wife says it's an addiction.

Older British Sportscars. The "classic" ones cleverly designed to have sacrificial parts fall off at random intervals, to self-oil the undercarriage from the engine lube and with random on/off electrical systems. Keeps my masochistic side happy.

Attachments

• My MGB.jpg
    My MGB.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 99
  • MGBV8enginebay.jpg
    MGBV8enginebay.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 116
https://www.youtube.com/embed/ACkmg3Y64_s?rel=0

Most of us "old guys" had trains when we were younger,, and some of us still enjoy messing with trains. designing, building, whatever,,. I myself built a huge slot car track with all the landscaping necessary to make it life like. anyway this video is a must see. Its a bit long but its worth every minute.

David, What's the story on the MGB with a V8?

Mark, You're going to have to tell us more. Do you keep a steam engine in your back yard?

https://www.youtube.com/embed/ACkmg3Y64_s?rel=0

Most of us "old guys" had trains when we were younger,, and some of us still enjoy messing with trains. designing, building, whatever,,. I myself built a huge slot car track with all the landscaping necessary to make it life like. anyway this video is a must see. Its a bit long but its worth every minute.

Wow, that is pretty cool.

Those are really great hobbies! I fully understand the drugging of holes, I just sold my old. Kubota TBL, and I miss it.

I would say my hobbies are SUMO Bikes/racing, logging, flying with my Dad, and museums, mainly aviation and maritime.

Large format B&W photography...see avatar. Haven't printed or developed negatives lately as new darkroom isn't finished. Darn boat!

Attachments

• Murray 4X5 Bishop Bay.jpg
    Murray 4X5 Bishop Bay.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 95
MurrayM, very nice. I miss Dektol.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom