One resilient cat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good for the cat. Here's a similar cat story with a little different twist. It is also true.

A few years back my son, Mike, and his family lived on some acreage just outside our small community. They had a yellow cat they called Kissy. Well, Kissy went missing for several days. One morning my Daughter-in-law was taking the youngest son to school. When she reached the federal highway there was a yellow cat flat as a pancake right in the middle of her lane. She immediately stopped, got out of the car, stood over the cat, and directed traffic around. She called my son on the cell phone and asked him to come and get Kissy. Well, he brought a shovel and plastic bag, and scooped Kissy up. Boy, was their sadness in that household. A proper funeral was held the next day, and Kissy was buried down by the rail fence with rocks surrounding and wild flowers covering the grave.

Fast forward about 10 days, and Kissy shows up like nothing is wrong. My son said, "I've about had enough of that cat".

Now the joke on the mountain is when my son's firends see him, they will say something like, "hey, Mike. There's a dead cat up on the highway. Do you want to check it out".

Note to Ian: this was just south of the Fairmount Rd. intersection. Very busy in the mornings.

Last edited:
Smile when you say that

Back
Top Bottom