Not exactly surprised by this.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
HaHa this IS a joke and a good one. And indeed I would get out of your way WifeyB.

Got to admit previous wife and I did go at times to the boat launch ramp for entertainment.

Guess being entertained by stupid people is OK, just not posting it here.....:eek:

psneeld,
It's the calling people stupid and the caller elevating himself I object to.
We all watch people doing stupid things on TV and laugh. But by posting and putting down people labeling them stupid is elevating oneself to opposite end of the stick ... as being smart. Carole Burnett doing stupid things on TV and people laughing is not an act of putting others down .... calling others stupid.

Last edited:
Not necessarily smart...just smarter in that one regard.

There is a boat ramp in Port O'connor, Tx. It is right on the ICW. It is technically not a no wake zone. So it is quite a spectacle on the weekends. So much so that people do in fact pack a cooler and lawn chairs to go out and watch!!!
It's like that in Ocean City, Maryland on Memorial Day week. Village idiots on parade at the boat ramp. Bring a lawn chair and a 6 pack as "The best shows in town are almost always free".

Ted

psneeld,

People w little experience make lots of mistakes.

Has nothing to do w the word smart or stupid.

That's it for me you can spar w others if you like.

Last edited:
I don't condone or encourage stupidity...but I'm perfectly willing to appreciate the entertainment value provided by those that do.

You're not the only one. Ever watch "The Science of Stupid"?

Very smart and experienced people do lots of "stupid" things in their lives. Most just aren't noticed by the public. Most are just from distraction, some just mistakes.

Sometimes the difficulty when you see it is knowing whether to approach and try to help them. You don't want to embarrass them, but you have the knowledge that they appear to need. I've walked over and asked if they could use any help and been harshly told "No?" But then have had those that either I or someone with me could assist and been glad we could.

Well in my world, smart people are the ones who at least seem to make the fewest mistakes.

Basically thinking ahead.

There are other kinds of "smart"...but this the most common definition I know of.

The most frightning part is not their antics , its the concept ,

They Vote!

A wise person once told me "Intelligence is a vector, not a scalar."

Unfortunately most of what we are referring to isnt a sudden loss of judgment by smart/educated/informed individuals. It is people being stupid plain and simple.

The boat ramp exposes them as does some road situations/ auto driving. There is all kinds of examples of this deficiency in life. Some would suggest having a CCP is an example.

This isn't about being condescending to any one. However absent a simple term to define the behavior, what else would you call a person behaving as they do in the manners we've been referring to?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom