Old 09-25-2014, 05:52 AM   #21
Guru

City: I need a bigger boat!
Vessel Model: Cheetah 25' Powercat.
Become a foreign exchange trader, working from home.

My son started with 100 and now had 6k after 6 months. Ok, So he only turned pocket money in motorbike money, but I'm impressed.

Here's the explanation he learn at a lecture:

Being a forex trader is like sitting beside a swimming pool.
After everyone's gone home during the night there's no waves.
Then early in the morning(6am Europe) the janitor who is a big and fat climbs up the to the top driving board and does a belly flop into the pool.
All the banks and traders try to jump into the pool at the same time as the janitor to creat a really big regular wave first thing every morning.
The janitors wave is NOT the normal days supply and demand driven chart, it is artificially created to make money for the traders.
when the Us market opens, a really really fat guy jumps into the pool, but by that stage the mom's with their kids are splashing around, the old folks are diving in, the water polo club are swimming around: very confused waters!

You can join forex exchange internet site and try out a virtual account, no risk to your capital.

Good luck.

PS: look at the uk pound versus the dollar to see the 6am (UK time) 'bounce' every morning; they choose the pound because it's a much smaller currency than the Euro, that makes it easier to artificially influence at the start of business each morning.

Old 09-25-2014, 10:44 PM   #22
Guru

City: Upstate,SC
Vessel Name: The Caroliner
Vessel Model: Plans to build 30' Spira Sitka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustybarge View Post
Become a foreign exchange trader, working from home.

My son started with 100 and now had 6k after 6 months. Ok, So he only turned pocket money in motorbike money, but I'm impressed.

Here's the explanation he learn at a lecture:

Being a forex trader is like sitting beside a swimming pool.
After everyone's gone home during the night there's no waves.
Then early in the morning(6am Europe) the janitor who is a big and fat climbs up the to the top driving board and does a belly flop into the pool.
All the banks and traders try to jump into the pool at the same time as the janitor to creat a really big regular wave first thing every morning.
The janitors wave is NOT the normal days supply and demand driven chart, it is artificially created to make money for the traders.
when the Us market opens, a really really fat guy jumps into the pool, but by that stage the mom's with their kids are splashing around, the old folks are diving in, the water polo club are swimming around: very confused waters!

You can join forex exchange internet site and try out a virtual account, no risk to your capital.

Good luck.

PS: look at the uk pound versus the dollar to see the 6am (UK time) 'bounce' every morning; they choose the pound because it's a much smaller currency than the Euro, that makes it easier to artificially influence at the start of business each morning.
Interesting.I'll have to research that.Thanks for the tip.Maybe I can turn $1000 into $60,000.

ben2go is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 06:58 AM   #23
Guru

City: I need a bigger boat!
Vessel Model: Cheetah 25' Powercat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2go View Post
Interesting.I'll have to research that.Thanks for the tip.Maybe I can turn $1000 into $60,000.
Or maybe -$60,000.
Old 09-26-2014, 09:28 AM   #24
Guru

City: North Charleston, SC
My advice? Don't ask a bunch of boat owners for investment advice. These people have invested money in boats, a sure way to watch you money disappear.

My serious advice? Find an investment firm with a good record and if possible one that your friends or family can vouch for. Tell them how much you have to invest and of your future plans and needs. Don't worry about the fees, you are paying professionals to do something they are trained for and you are not.

They will balance your money between high yield and possibly risky investments and lower yield but relatively secure investments.

I say this because that's what I did thirty years or so ago and my investment firm has delivered well.
rwidman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 11:20 AM   #25
Guru

City: Georgia
I'm a big fan of a brokerage firm. they won't know which investments are hot, but the know for sure which ones are not.

Plus I like the ability to have that second opinion to counter my singular opinion.
Rambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 02:48 PM   #26
Guru

City: Upstate,SC
Vessel Name: The Caroliner
Vessel Model: Plans to build 30' Spira Sitka
I'm still researching all my options and learning all the terminology.I'm in overload mode right now and trying to let it all sink in.I am a slow learner.I have asked around and none of my friends or family are investing.Sure a few of them have 401k or IRA accounts,but no real investors can I find.

ben2go is online now   Reply With Quote