Navy Seal Museum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HopCar

Guru
Vessel Name
Possum
Vessel Make
Ellis 28
Earlier this week I had the opportunity to visit the Navy SEAL / UDT Museum in Vero Beach Florida with a retired SEAL. Stuart was well known there as he had been on the board of directors.

We were given the tour by another SEAL who volunteers there.

I thought I was going to be excited to see the equipment and historic artifacts displayed there. That stuff was awesome but it was the stories of bravery and sacrifice that blew me away.

Outside is a statue of one SEAL carrying another wounded SEAL to safety.
He won the Medal for this act of bravery. The man he saved later won his own Medal.

Inside is a portrait of the two retired SEALs who gave there lives at Benghazi. They were protecting US soil and lives while waiting for help that was never sent. The portrait affected my vote in the coming Presidential election. I now know who I won't be voting for.

Remember Capt. Phillips and the pirates? The life boat is there. It will send a chill down your spine when you stop to think why the windshield is broken.

If you guys are ever in the Vero / Ft. Pierce area, it is a must see place. In fact it's worth planning a trip there just to see it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom