Must be that time again.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GFC

Guru
So I was out in the yard raking leaves out of the garden in the front yard. it's about 40*, zero wind with a heavy overcast sky. While out there I noticed a very familiar pattern. Geese flying. And not just flying but flying in large flocks and going in all directions. We're fortunate to live along the Columbia River and we've noticed larger and larger rafts of geese swimming on the calm water.

Today though I noticed that there were a LOT more geese in the air than we've seen in awhile. In the fall, this area becomes a gathering point for geese from points north. They gather here as it gets colder in areas north of here and stick around here. By the thousands they gather here but now times are changing. Must be they're getting antsy to start heading south.

I don't blame them. In a month we're going to be doing the same thing.

See ya later geese.

Last edited:
Bloody things make a real mess of our dock when they get here!

So I was out in the yard raking leaves out of the garden in the front yard. it's about 40*, zero wind with a heavy overcast sky. While out there I noticed a very familiar pattern. Geese flying. And not just flying but flying in large flocks and going in all directions. We're fortunate to live along the Columbia River and we've noticed larger and larger rafts of geese swimming on the calm water.

Today though I noticed that there were a LOT more geese in the air than we've seen in awhile. In the fall, this area becomes a gathering point for geese from points north. They gather here as it gets colder in areas north of here and stick around here. By the thousands they gather here but now times are changing. Must be they're getting antsy to start heading south.

I don't blame them. In a month we're going to be doing the same thing.

See ya later geese.
Same thing up here but starts 2 month earlier, that is my favorite boating time. I love to go anchoring among the goose and ducks everywhere, noisy but nice. What I really like is to see them gathering when sun starts to set, all coming from everywhere.

L

What I really like is to see them gathering when sun starts to set, all coming from everywhere. LL
I agree. Not much prettier than a flock of geese as they set their wings and come into land on the water.

Older cook books will have great recipes for cooking goose.

Genuine free lunch!

No pics? Nope didn't happen GFC......

Share the experience others have. Geese by the thousands flying up river.....

16 more days until we start gaining daylight!!!

I have more leaves to rake after the garbage company empties my roll around cans tomorrow. Maybe I'll be able to get some pics then.

Back
Top Bottom