Music favs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Of course, you’re right, Parks. I’ve got a new IPad, and noticed that link didn’t post properly. So, I’ll accept whatever punishment I have coming.

Leon Redbone - On a Slow Boat to China. Can't find it anywhere now. Great song in its own right, but his rendition was fantastic. Particularly appropriate for moonlight sails - played through the boat's cassette system.

Of course, you’re right, Parks. I’ve got a new IPad, and noticed that link didn’t post properly. So, I’ll accept whatever punishment I have coming.

I sentence you to post more music!

Leon Redbone - On a Slow Boat to China. Can't find it anywhere now. Great song in its own right, but his rendition was fantastic. Particularly appropriate for moonlight sails - played through the boat's cassette system.

SBU I like Leon Redbone also. Here is Leon doing a duet with another singer I like very much. She is much prettier than he is.

I once saw him in an outdoor concert at the Fruit and Spice Park near Homestead Florida.

Parks,

I, too, have seen Leon Redbone in person. Based on that I will agree Zooey is hands down prettier than Leon.

Back to my laptop now. So here's the number from Janis Joplin that I promised.

I've been listening to Leon Redbone at work all yesterday and today because of this thread. [emoji3]
Gotta love Google Play music.

JJ was dead before Bobby McGee came out on Pearl. First time I saw her was at the Avalon in SF with Big Brother 65-66 (?). I remember nudging the guy next to me and asking who she was. Response: Dunno. That gal sure isn't pretty but she sure can sing.. Big fan ever since.

Borge’s manager hired me to photograph him in his dressing room after the concert. The original RT Firefly was there! It was great being a fly on the wall for that meeting. Groucho was pretty old at that point and there was an attractive younger woman who seemed to be taking care of him. I’ve always wondered about that relationship.

The Miami High football team are the Stingarees, the University of Miami are the Hurricanes. I went to Coral Gables High and the game with Miami High was a big rivalry. The game would usually fill the Orange Bowl. That’s a big turnout for a high school game.

I hope your team kicked their ass!?

Just figured out that the woman with Groucho at the Victor Borge concert must have been Erin Fleming. Apparently Groucho’s son thought it was a strange relationship also. She would have been 28 at the time.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erin_Fleming

Who has a favorite driving song? Yes of course Born to be Wild is everybody’s favorite.
How about your second favorite song that makes you want to drive fast?
Mine is Radar Love.

A few titles pulled off my "road" tape (well, it ain't a tape anymore - my phone) - been building it for years. Long Cool Woman, Fortunate Son, Roadhouse Blues, La Grange, Born To Run, Crawling From The Wreckage, Maybelline, Bad to the Bone, Sweet Child O' Mine, Danger Zone amd beaucoup more.

Who has a favorite driving song? Yes of course Born to be Wild is everybody’s favorite.
How about your second favorite song that makes you want to drive fast?
Mine is Radar Love.

Lots of choices, but these are two of my favorites.

Rufus T, Nice choices! Try a little Desmond Dekker. You know him from “The Israelites”.
This is one of my favorites of his. I think the Rude Boys refered to in the song are street gangs.

Paul Simon is my favorite song writer. He and Art did a wonderful version of Sounds of Silence but I think this guy did it better. If you don’t want to watch the whole thing at least fast forward to the last two minutes. This guys power will knock your socks off.

Thanks Parks, RT, and Ian for keeping the thread alive. Let's bring back Doyle Lawson & Quick Silver with Blue TrainCatch it if you can.

Greetings,
Mr. M. The song never dies, just the singer...

Great harmonies, RT, and methinks another clue to your secret origins. Relatively unknown Canadian rock bands (even to this Canuck) . . . well-mannered to the point of calling everyone Mr. . . . male centerfold looks (based on your avatar) . . . c’mon, you’ve got to have come from north of the 49th parallel.

Anyway, I’ve posted a few things by this band before but I’m still dazzled by their musicianship. Steve Howe, the strange looking guy on lead guitar, won Guitar Magazine’s “best guitarist” award five years in a row—the maximum allowed. A true virtuoso.

Thanks Parks, RT, and Ian for keeping the thread alive. Let's bring back Doyle Lawson & Quick Silver with Blue TrainCatch it if you can.

These guys were our favorite bluegrass band for a lot of years, Don. They had an album of spirituals out a few decades ago that had “Angel Band” and many other standards on it. Great stuff!

Let's pick it up a little with Wild Cherry and Play that Funky Music.

Here's one that has already appeared here a time or 2. It's War's Low Rider. The recording was released in 1975, and it was used in Cheech and Chongs 1978 movie Up In Smoke. I play this one when I need a good laugh.

You can believe that, RT. It comes from the one who brought us Disturbed.

RT, Parks brought us Disturbed in post 1034.

I don`t think we`ve had anything by the late Prince (or any other name he might prefer). I didn`t realize "Money Don`t Matter" was by Prince, until I heard it back announced. The video is a tad political, sound track is good. I heard when he played Sydney he turned up unannounced to jam all night at the now closed "Basement" jazz venue, so he was a real "muso". Hope people like it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom