John Mc Cain

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

menzies

Guru
Vessel Name
SONAS
Vessel Make
Grand Alaskan 53
Seems like a decent man who has the best for this country at heart.

Just diagnosed with brain cancer.

Good luck to him in his fight.

Seems like a decent man who has the best for this country at heart.

Just diagnosed with brain cancer.

Good luck to him in his fight.

I have respected and admired him for years. I wish him the best.

He is one of the best. I still remember the time i heard him in person speaking about being shot down in Vietnam and subsequent POW experience. A truly great person, I hope he can come through it.

I agree with all of your sentiments - he seems decent and honest; I also wish him Godspeed with his health challenge.

Even here we get a look at some US politicians, and unlike some, McCain is impressive. Direct, good commonsense, a war record, a decent man. Let`s hope he gets to serve his country a little longer.

Cancer sucks. McCain is a good man, I think we need him more than ever.

All the best to him!

My Dad's best friend and squadron mate was a room mate with McCain in the Navy Academy. I got to hear some stories of the crazy things these guys did. And I'm sure the really good stories were hush-hush. All young guys are crazy, but Navy pilots are at another level.

Wish the best for John. A good man and a patriot. His politics sometimes got under my skin, but I always have respected him.

Partisanship and political opinions aside, you have to have the utmost respect for what John McCain sacrificed for his country.

After less than a 1 year of imprisonment, his father was named commander of all U.S. forces in the Vietnam theater. The North Vietnamese offered him release because of this. He refused unless everyone captured before was released first. He denied his own freedom and spent another 4 1/2 years as a POW (5 1/2 years total as a POW).

Technically John McCain was the only POW in the Hanoi Hilton there 'voluntarily'. It's your actions that define who you are as a person. I wouldn't even deserve the honor of carrying the mans briefcase.

The POW section is worth a read:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_McCain

Partisanship and political opinions aside, you have to have the utmost respect for what John McCain sacrificed for his country.

After less than a 1 year of imprisonment, his father was named commander of all U.S. forces in the Vietnam theater. The North Vietnamese offered him release because of this. He refused unless everyone captured before was released first. He denied his own freedom and spent another 4 1/2 years as a POW (5 1/2 years total as a POW).

Technically John McCain was the only POW in the Hanoi Hilton there 'voluntarily'. It's your actions that define who you are as a person. I wouldn't even deserve the honor of carrying the mans briefcase.

The POW section is worth a read:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_McCain
Nice response...

All too many people really dont understand what can define a person.

Washinton can bring the best and the worst out of a person...it is a persons roots that seem to anchor participants....not always...but interesting to correlate.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom