Islands of Seattle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dhmeissner

Guru
Vessel Name
The Promise
Vessel Make
Roughwater 35

Attachments

• Seattle Islands.jpg
    Seattle Islands.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 148
And I'm thinking the odds of all of the ice in the world melting would be about the same as hell freezing over.

I'd bet the odds of getting hit by a gigantic meteor are much higher. But heck, someone could come up with a similar thing about what the earth would look like if that happened.

Junk science trying to gather media attention, IMHO.

Maybe we'll finally get some oceanfront property in South Dakota.

Last I heard the Antarctic ice was growing and the Arctic ice was shrinking, netting out to essentially no change overall. But this issue has become so politicized that there's almost no way to get to the truth without making climate a full time hobby.

Sort of like most of our highly divisive, politicized issues these days.

If I live long enough we'll have waterfront property on the Phinney Peninsula...:) won't have to worry about the locks!

I wouldn't mind this. We could keep our boat in front of the house and cruise the Snoqualmie Sound out into the Salish Sea.

This is terrific. How can we get the ice to melt faster? According to this chart, we would be able to keep our boat within a mile or so of our house. No more two hour drives to Bellingham every weekend.

If CO2 is the big trigger to the current changes the climate is making, how can we add more to the atmosphere? Preferably a lot more as there is a lot of ice to melt.

Having seen this I'm delighted at the increased number of coal trains there are heading for the coal port in Tsawwassen and the increasing volume of oil that is being shipped out of the Anacortes, Cherry Point and Ferndale refineries. Based on the homeports I see on the ships, it appears most of this stuff is headed for China and we all know how inefficiently they burn it over there. So we need to send more.

Which means we need to send them more reasons to burn it. My employer is doing its bit by establishing an assembly facility in China and I'm sure more and more of this work will be going there soon. If we can get all the car plants in the US to close and move their manufacturing capacity to China this will help a lot, too.

I clearly need a bigger boat with bigger engines to assist in the effort.

The Chinese goverment has recently further relaxed their one child policy. This will assist in CO2 production thus making Marin's goal achievable. I for one though insist Marin get some modern engines for this 123rd century endeavor.

No global warming is needed though, the JDF trench subduction zone action will do all the island making with no change in water level. Of course Seattle will drop as well. It was only a mere 12,000 years ago that the Farallons were connected to mainland CA.

Al Gore and team have a new challenge, stop subduction!

Okay, but why wait around for the earth to hiccup and drop the PNW down a bunch of feet when we can screw up the atmosphere and start melting the ice right now?

This has opened up a whole new aspect to the upcoming election. Which candidate, regardless of party, will actually do the most to speed up global warming? Because that's who we have to vote for if we're going to make this PNW boating utopia a reality.

My guess is that it is one of the Democrats because their determination to penalize American businesses and business leaders will drive companies like the one I work for to relocate or send manufacturing work to places like China at an ever-faster rate. And the more of that work that goes there, the more energy China will need to produce, so the more coal and oil-fired electric plants they will build and the more CO2 they will produce at an ever-increasing rate.

So my guess is the absolute best and fastest way to be able to move our boat to down the street from our house starts with a vote for Hillary or Bernie. Am I right or what?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom