Home Heat pump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Make
Transpacific Marine Eagle 32
Just installed three heat pumps. They work well and are very quiete. What is your experience.

DECKHAND, sure glad your said "at home" I have 2 on my eagle 32 and couldn't fathom a third as these took up a lot of storage space. When it hits 90+ degrees this summer I'll sure be glad I've got them though. The newer heat pumps with 410a refrigerant seem to be much more efficient than the older models, heating at lower ambient temps. I'll bet you will be well pleased.

DECKHAND, sure glad your said "at home" I have 2 on my eagle 32 and couldn't fathom a third as these took up a lot of storage space. When it hits 90+ degrees this summer I'll sure be glad I've got them though. The newer heat pumps with 410a refrigerant seem to be much more efficient than the older models, heating at lower ambient temps. I'll bet you will be well pleased.

Jim,

I thought I would give them a try at home before placing them on the boat. Do you plan to upgrade? It is my understanding that the ones that came out last month are 15% more efficient. Also it would be nice if I could spell heat pump.
Ken

Miini split heat pumps with inverter technology are very efficient. On heating cycle they have a COP of 3 or so (kilowatts transferred vs killowatts input) and they continue to work down to near zero F. On cooling they have a SEER in the upper teens.

David

Miini split heat pumps with inverter technology are very efficient. On heating cycle they have a COP of 3 or so (kilowatts transferred vs killowatts input) and they continue to work down to near zero F. On cooling they have a SEER in the upper teens.

David

Thanks for the info. Is there a brand you can recommend?

Land based only but we have installed quite a few mitsubishi units with great results, don't know if they make a marine version or not. As for the ones on the boat mine are only about 2 years old so I hope its awhile before replacement. I was very fortunate that the po of my boat had gone through and up graded almost all systems on the boat

All over Euroland the Mitsubishi mini splits are used in cold places Germany , Sweden , Norway , at well below 0-f conditions as the only heat source.for homes and apartments.

Really screws up the look if fine historic buildings , but efficiency over rules looks.

They are seen on boats in the Med and Bosporus with the condenser bolted to the back rail , to heat and cool yachts and small 50-100ft commercial boats.

The hassle in the USA is units with big output requires 240V , as found in most houses the 120V units are limited in amps so the output is not huge.

Last edited:
All over Euroland the Mitsubishi mini splits are used in cold places Germany , Sweden , Norway , at well below 0-f conditions as the only heat source.for homes and apartments.

Really screws up the look if fine historic buildings , but efficiency over rules looks.

They are seen on boats in the Med and Bosporus with the condenser bolted to the back rail , to heat and cool yachts and small 50-100ft commercial boats.

The hassle in the USA is units with big output requires 240V , as found in most houses the 120V units are limited in amps so the output is not huge.

Sweet, thank you, I will check them out!

Back
Top Bottom