heading off to Istanbul Friday...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

roguewave

Guru
Vessel Name
bout’ time
Vessel Make
Grady White 282 Sailfish
I hope to get out on the water a bit, the Bosphorus strait will be on the agenda. Also going to the Islands of Mykonos and Santorini which should allow for some sea time, even if its on some kind of tour boat. :rolleyes:
see ya in a couple of weeks,
take care yall

Small world alert-- We will be in Istanbul June 2-3 then Italy for the rest of June. If you see a tall skinny blond dude with wife and kids in tow wave.

Sent from my iPhone using Trawler

very cool :thumb:

we are staying near Taksim Square in 2 flats for 6 days then on to the islands. If you see a group of 6, 50 something year olds (family) strolling around holler :socool:

Sooo, things are interesting here in Taskim Square. Got into some tear gas last night lol. Got up early this morning and walked all thru the square while all the protesters were hungover and still sleeping. 20 to 30 burned out cars and trucks, many buildings burned, tons trash everywhere. Took lots of pictures but no way to post from here.
Later....

Have friends just got out of Istanbul today. They got tear gassed 3 days ago and were stuck in their hotel for another two days because of the riots. Be very careful.

We got in last night and walked around the Blue Mosk area and the Spice Market. No problems but it had us worried. Flying to Italy today.

Just got tear gassed again, nothing like the smell of tear gas in the evening. No escape, even in the hotel. Internet is slammed shut, somehow i got thru to here. Cannot post utube or get on google.
Tell the world lol

Wow. That aftermath looks really bad. We left yesterday for Rome.

The people I talked to on the street were all really angry at the PM for trying to restrict freedoms like alcohol sales, public displays of affection and the suppression of freedom of speech. He is trying to move the country to a more strict following of Islam and the people don't want that, and I don't blame them.

Sitting here on top of the hill on mykonos looking out over the water, talk about beautiful cruising grounds . Nice

No more Istanbul , no more tear gas lol

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom