Guns onboard

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like I must eat some CROW GUMBO, .( I hope it tastes as good as the blackbird gumbo my neighbor used to make) please extend my apologies for doubting the story to the original writer of the report.
I guess I'll have to start packing the 870, some good buckshot too.
Steve W

Steve wrote:
Looks like I must eat some CROW GUMBO, .( I hope it tastes as good as the blackbird gumbo my neighbor used to make) please extend my apologies for doubting the story to the original writer of the report.
I guess I'll have to start packing the 870, some good buckshot too.
Steve W
*It is understandable that you were skeptical.* I started checking on it as soon as received. I now consider it totally reliable.

One thing I can be sure of, no intruder will ever make off with Rosie's frisby.

Attachments

• rosy and frisby.jpg
    rosy and frisby.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 44
You guys seem to be divided into two parts:

- Protection from animals

- Protection from humans

- I don't need protection from anything

OK three parts.

I don't think my cruising area includes dangerous animals, unless you include goats...

I've seen some pretty dangerous humans, but they were mostly mad at my wife!

I carry a 7 Iron as protection.* If someone else got a gun then I'm not getting into a shooting match.

If someone wants to pirate my **** then go for it.* When we cruise we leave the diamonds and gold at home.* Go ahead and sink my boat so I can collect the insurance.* Yeah I know there are bad people, I choose to ignore them and they seem to choose to leave me alone.

Egregious wrote:If someone wants to pirate my **** then go for it.* When we cruise we leave the diamonds and gold at home.* Go ahead and sink my boat so I can collect the insurance.* Yeah I know there are bad people, I choose to ignore them and they seem to choose to leave me alone.
*Woody,

Did you miss the part where they take the boat and kill you by throwing you over the side with out a life jacket.* Or just cut your throat.

Naw, if I'm going some of them need to go with me.* Who knows I just might get them all.

Egregious wrote:

Protection from humans

If someone wants to pirate my **** then go for it.* When we cruise we leave the diamonds and gold at home.* Go ahead and sink my boat so I can collect the insurance.* Yeah I know there are bad people, I choose to ignore them and they seem to choose to leave me alone.

*That is what an Ostrich does.

If someone wants to pirate your boat they want the boat. Not witnesses.

Why would a "Pirate" want to sink your boat? *Most must know that all anyone carry's are credit cards now a days.

A friend of mine told me about the cache of food he had put up in case of the end of civilization. I said thanks. If I am starving. I have guns. Friend or not I will just come and take your food. The next week he bought a gun and enrolled in shooting classes.

You could call the Authorities they can come and take a report and tell you how sorry they are for you.

Some people just like to hurt people and break things. Haven't you ever known a bully or an A**Hole?

Going to Nashville on I-24 today, I was near the Barret factory that makes the 50 Cal. sniper rifle.* Thought about stopping and picking one up,* Then I figured they wouldn't have any tracer amunition to blow up gas tanks.* Maybe next time.
biggrin.gif

Yeah, they are made right here in Tennessee not too far from Sargent York's home.* We've always liked our "squirrel guns".
biggrin.gif

-- Edited by Moonstruck on Wednesday 15th of June 2011 03:49:40 PM

-- Edited by Moonstruck on Wednesday 15th of June 2011 03:52:12 PM

Then I figured they wouldn't have any tracer amunition to blow up gas tanks. Maybe next time.biggrin.gif

There are loads of methods for making any ammo tracer.

Just look on line , from someones computer, library cameras are time stamped.

skipperdude wrote:Egregious wrote:

Protection from humans

*That is what an Ostrich does.

If someone wants to pirate your boat they want the boat. Not witnesses.

Why would a "Pirate" want to sink your boat? *Most must know that all anyone carry's are credit cards now a days.

A friend of mine told me about the cache of food he had put up in case of the end of civilization. I said thanks. If I am starving. I have guns. Friend or not I will just come and take your food. The next week he bought a gun and enrolled in shooting classes.

You could call the Authorities they can come and take a report and tell you how sorry they are for you.

Some people just like to hurt people and break things. Haven't you ever known a bully or an A**Hole?

*What?* Nobody EVER in my life has ever threatened my life.* I don't expect to see a Pirate along the ICW.** If I expect to* break down in Bear territory then yes I need a weapon.* Goats maybe not.** I think some people may be paranoid.* I am big enough that nobody seems to screw with me.*

Head in the sand?* I'm in danger walking down any road in the USA.* I walk almost exclusively and I take the bus to work, which includes people who pee on themselves and gangsters too.* I'm safer on my boat anywhere in NC/SC than in my own dirt home.

Woody

Moonstruck wrote:*We've always liked our "squirrel guns".
biggrin.gif
******* Don: Please feel free to correct me but I think your sqirrel guns and the original Kentucky Long Rifles were originall made in Pennsylvania. (My home :nod:)

SeaHorse II wrote:Moonstruck wrote:*We've always liked our "squirrel guns".
biggrin.gif
******* Don: Please feel free to correct me but I think your sqirrel guns and the original Kentucky Long Rifles were originall made in Pennsylvania. (My home :nod:)
biggrin.gif

*I think you're right about that, Walt, and we appreciated them too.* Also, I think St. York's sniper rifle in WWI was a Springfield thirty ought six.* We didn't build 'em back then, but when we did we improved 'em.
wink.gif

-- Edited by Moonstruck on Saturday 18th of June 2011 07:37:46 AM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom