Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-13-2011, 09:02 AM   #61
Guru
 
Steve's Avatar
 
City: Thibodaux, Louisiana
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Gumbo
Vessel Model: 2003 Monk 36
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 3,605
RE: Guns onboard

Looks like I must eat some CROW GUMBO, .( I hope it tastes as good as the blackbird gumbo my neighbor used to make) please extend my apologies for doubting the story to the original writer of the report.
I guess I'll have to start packing the 870, some good buckshot too.
Steve W
__________________
Advertisement

Steve is offline  
Old 06-13-2011, 09:18 AM   #62
Guru
 
Moonstruck's Avatar
 
City: Hailing Port: Charleston, SC
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Moonstruck
Vessel Model: Sabre 42 Hardtop Express
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 7,848
RE: Guns onboard

Quote:
Steve wrote:
Looks like I must eat some CROW GUMBO, .( I hope it tastes as good as the blackbird gumbo my neighbor used to make) please extend my apologies for doubting the story to the original writer of the report.
I guess I'll have to start packing the 870, some good buckshot too.
Steve W
*It is understandable that you were skeptical.* I started checking on it as soon as received. I now consider it totally reliable.
__________________

Moonstruck is offline  
Old 06-13-2011, 09:24 AM   #63
Guru
 
timjet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,905
RE: Guns onboard

One thing I can be sure of, no intruder will ever make off with Rosie's frisby.
Attached Images
 
timjet is offline  
Old 06-14-2011, 08:36 PM   #64
Guru
 
Egregious's Avatar
 
City: Sunset Beach, NC
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Polly P.
Vessel Model: Monk 36
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 554
RE: Guns onboard

You guys seem to be divided into two parts:

- Protection from animals

- Protection from humans

- I don't need protection from anything

OK three parts.

I don't think my cruising area includes dangerous animals, unless you include goats...

I've seen some pretty dangerous humans, but they were mostly mad at my wife!

I carry a 7 Iron as protection.* If someone else got a gun then I'm not getting into a shooting match.

If someone wants to pirate my **** then go for it.* When we cruise we leave the diamonds and gold at home.* Go ahead and sink my boat so I can collect the insurance.* Yeah I know there are bad people, I choose to ignore them and they seem to choose to leave me alone.

*

*

*
Egregious is offline  
Old 06-15-2011, 04:54 AM   #65
Guru
 
Keith's Avatar
 
Vessel Name: Anastasia III
Vessel Model: Krogen 42
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,716
RE: Guns onboard

http://www.slidefiresolutions.com/Media.html

*

Here's my latest addition. Protection against everything! I do have smaller weapons on board though. Right tool for the job ya know.
Keith is offline  
Old 06-15-2011, 07:07 AM   #66
JD
Guru
 
JD's Avatar
 
City: New Bern NC
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Stella Di Mare
Vessel Model: Mainship 34t
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,702
RE: Guns onboard

Quote:
Egregious wrote:If someone wants to pirate my **** then go for it.* When we cruise we leave the diamonds and gold at home.* Go ahead and sink my boat so I can collect the insurance.* Yeah I know there are bad people, I choose to ignore them and they seem to choose to leave me alone.
*
*Woody,

Did you miss the part where they take the boat and kill you by throwing you over the side with out a life jacket.* Or just cut your throat.

Naw, if I'm going some of them need to go with me.* Who knows I just might get them all.
JD is offline  
Old 06-15-2011, 09:40 AM   #67
Guru
 
skipperdude's Avatar
 
City: Whittier AK
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Apache II
Vessel Model: 1974 Donald Jones
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 3,147
RE: Guns onboard

Quote:
Egregious wrote:
*

Protection from humans

If someone wants to pirate my **** then go for it.* When we cruise we leave the diamonds and gold at home.* Go ahead and sink my boat so I can collect the insurance.* Yeah I know there are bad people, I choose to ignore them and they seem to choose to leave me alone.

*
*That is what an Ostrich does.

If someone wants to pirate your boat they want the boat. Not witnesses.

Why would a "Pirate" want to sink your boat? *Most must know that all anyone carry's are credit cards now a days.

A friend of mine told me about the cache of food he had put up in case of the end of civilization. I said thanks. If I am starving. I have guns. Friend or not I will just come and take your food. The next week he bought a gun and enrolled in shooting classes.

You could call the Authorities they can come and take a report and tell you how sorry they are for you.

Some people just like to hurt people and break things. Haven't you ever known a bully or an A**Hole?

*
skipperdude is offline  
Old 06-15-2011, 03:47 PM   #68
Guru
 
Moonstruck's Avatar
 
City: Hailing Port: Charleston, SC
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Moonstruck
Vessel Model: Sabre 42 Hardtop Express
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 7,848
Guns onboard

Going to Nashville on I-24 today, I was near the Barret factory that makes the 50 Cal. sniper rifle.* Thought about stopping and picking one up,* Then I figured they wouldn't have any tracer amunition to blow up gas tanks.* Maybe next time.

Yeah, they are made right here in Tennessee not too far from Sargent York's home.* We've always liked our "squirrel guns".



-- Edited by Moonstruck on Wednesday 15th of June 2011 03:49:40 PM


-- Edited by Moonstruck on Wednesday 15th of June 2011 03:52:12 PM
Moonstruck is offline  
Old 06-16-2011, 04:11 AM   #69
FF
Guru
 
FF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 16,515
RE: Guns onboard

Then I figured they wouldn't have any tracer amunition to blow up gas tanks. Maybe next time.biggrin.gif

There are loads of methods for making any ammo tracer.

Just look on line , from someones computer, library cameras are time stamped.
FF is offline  
Old 06-17-2011, 09:07 PM   #70
Guru
 
Egregious's Avatar
 
City: Sunset Beach, NC
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Polly P.
Vessel Model: Monk 36
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 554
RE: Guns onboard

Quote:
skipperdude wrote:Egregious wrote:
*

Protection from humans

If someone wants to pirate my **** then go for it.* When we cruise we leave the diamonds and gold at home.* Go ahead and sink my boat so I can collect the insurance.* Yeah I know there are bad people, I choose to ignore them and they seem to choose to leave me alone.

*
*That is what an Ostrich does.

If someone wants to pirate your boat they want the boat. Not witnesses.

Why would a "Pirate" want to sink your boat? *Most must know that all anyone carry's are credit cards now a days.

A friend of mine told me about the cache of food he had put up in case of the end of civilization. I said thanks. If I am starving. I have guns. Friend or not I will just come and take your food. The next week he bought a gun and enrolled in shooting classes.

You could call the Authorities they can come and take a report and tell you how sorry they are for you.

Some people just like to hurt people and break things. Haven't you ever known a bully or an A**Hole?

*

*What?* Nobody EVER in my life has ever threatened my life.* I don't expect to see a Pirate along the ICW.** If I expect to* break down in Bear territory then yes I need a weapon.* Goats maybe not.** I think some people may be paranoid.* I am big enough that nobody seems to screw with me.*

Head in the sand?* I'm in danger walking down any road in the USA.* I walk almost exclusively and I take the bus to work, which includes people who pee on themselves and gangsters too.* I'm safer on my boat anywhere in NC/SC than in my own dirt home.

Woody
Egregious is offline  
Old 06-17-2011, 10:07 PM   #71
Guru
 
Codger2's Avatar
 
City: San Diego
Country: US
Vessel Name: "Sandpiper"
Vessel Model: 2006 42' Ocean Alexander Sedan
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 5,420
RE: Guns onboard

Quote:
Moonstruck wrote:*We've always liked our "squirrel guns".
******* Don: Please feel free to correct me but I think your sqirrel guns and the original Kentucky Long Rifles were originall made in Pennsylvania. (My home :nod
Codger2 is offline  
Old 06-18-2011, 07:35 AM   #72
Guru
 
Moonstruck's Avatar
 
City: Hailing Port: Charleston, SC
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Moonstruck
Vessel Model: Sabre 42 Hardtop Express
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 7,848
Guns onboard

Quote:
SeaHorse II wrote:Moonstruck wrote:*We've always liked our "squirrel guns".
******* Don: Please feel free to correct me but I think your sqirrel guns and the original Kentucky Long Rifles were originall made in Pennsylvania. (My home :nod

*I think you're right about that, Walt, and we appreciated them too.* Also, I think St. York's sniper rifle in WWI was a Springfield thirty ought six.* We didn't build 'em back then, but when we did we improved 'em.


-- Edited by Moonstruck on Saturday 18th of June 2011 07:37:46 AM
__________________

Moonstruck is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Music Onboard Budds Outlet Electrical and Electronics & Navigation 16 02-29-2012 02:00 PM
Onboard coffee Tatlayoko General Discussion 78 03-24-2011 10:02 PM
Guns onboard outside the 2 mile line? Keith Electrical and Electronics & Navigation 32 01-09-2011 06:17 PM
Guns on Boats rwidman General Discussion 2 12-31-2010 11:24 AM




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2006 - 2012