Old 05-23-2013, 09:30 AM   #81
Guru

City: New England
Vessel Name: Culmination
Vessel Model: Helmsman 38 Sedan
hustler, your graphics skills are nothing short of sensational! I really look forward to your artistic creations. Some (like this one) have me laughing my head off, and others I think you should send to some of the boat builders as suggestions for future products. Thank you! Please keep them coming!
Old 05-23-2013, 11:26 AM   #82
Guru

City: Concrete Washington State
Vessel Name: Willy
Vessel Model: Willard Nomad 30'
hustler,

I have an i-mac w i-photo. Haven't gotten into it much yet. Can I do the things you do on TF w I-photo?

You probably have a PC and don't know and I prolly can't anyway. The Apple girl that sold me the i-mac said I could probably do all I wanted w i-photo. But I don't think she ever thought I'd be want'in to do the tricks you've been up to on TF. What do you think?

North Western Washington State USA
Nomad Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:28 AM   #83

City: ---
Vessel Name: ---
Question: PO (manyboats) why you publish his full name?? first time even incorrect...

His TF name is simply "Marin" I hope some moderator remove his family name every where in this thread......... Now his FULL name will stay forever on the World Wide Web!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS. OP (Manyboats) why you hide your self behind an alias?????? something wrong in your life what we not allowed to know????

Cees
123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:49 AM   #84
Guru

City: Vallejo, California
Vessel Name: Mahalo Moi
Vessel Model: 1986 Grand Banks 42 Classic
You talking about Marin Faure? Oops! Sorry, he's a published author. I'm sure he doesn't mind a bit of name recognition. There, I just him a plug!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑβΕ
Giggitoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:52 AM   #85
TF Site Team/Forum Founder

City: League City, Tx
Vessel Name: Floatsome & Jetsome
Vessel Model: Meridian 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiziger View Post
Question: PO (manyboats) why you publish his full name?? first time even incorrect...

His TF name is simply "Marin" I hope some moderator remove his family name every where in this thread......... Now his FULL name will stay forever on the World Wide Web!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS. OP (Manyboats) why you hide your self behind an alias?????? something wrong in your life what we not allowed to know????

Cees
Easy there, Cees! Marin has never tried to hide his name. And neither has Eric. Let's keep the thread going in a positive direction! It has been a ball up to this point. A "Marin Roast" if you will!!!
Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:56 AM   #86

City: ---
Vessel Name: ---
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggitoni View Post
You talking about Marin Faure? Oops! Sorry, he's a published author. I'm sure he doesn't mind a bit of name recognition. There, I just him a plug!
Yep, of course....... now he must pay incognito OP for making reclame??????

Sick.

Cees
123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:14 PM   #87
Guru

City: Longboat Key, FL
Vessel Name: Bucky
Vessel Model: Krogen Manatee 36 North Sea
Quote:
Originally Posted by manyboats View Post
hustler,

I have an i-mac w i-photo. Haven't gotten into it much yet. Can I do the things you do on TF w I-photo?
All the Photo-Shop stuff I do has either been on an old 2.4 Gig PC with "Photoshop Elements" (79 bucks at vendors, last time I checked) or more recently with Photo-Shop CS on an old Mac Powerbook G4. I also have Corel Painter and Adobe Illustrator, but rarely use it for TF creations. I haven't tried I-Photo yet.

Later versions of Photo-Shop probably have button push operations for many of the changes I do but new programs are big bucks. For all I know, there may be easier ways to do these things on the software I have now, but the programs are so large that half the fricken work is learning and practicing with the software. It's still very labor intensive.

If you want to start experimenting with this, I suggest going with PhotoShop Elements. With few exceptions, that program has enough features to allow you to do almost any mod you've seen from me on TF, but doing searches to put together parts like a fly-bridge off one photo, a canvas setup off another and a tuna tower off another still require a lot of eye and hand work with lighting and blending. Then there are the pieces you simply must make from scratch if it is a paid, detailed photo enhancement for a project, etc..

Lastly, there is the amount of knowledge you have about the subject you are working with. If it is boats, you know darned well that Bayliner windows don't go well on a Willard. Using "believable" resources for a photo mod comes from feeling and sensing how forms can work with (or against) one another, depending on what you want to create. When I read the shares here on the forum about style, and then see the photos you include to indicate the
feeling" of that form, it becomes obvious that many of you have all the knowledge needed to produce real designs, not the ridiculous hodgepodge that I you see me use for entertainment value here on TF.

I began this work to clarify old photographs of antique machinery that were part of my hobby. Now, I make a few side dollars working for design groups to demonstrate photographically, what a finished product would look like. Anyone could do it with enough practice with a decent software, but if you can blend your knowledge (collective logic and reason) with your sensing ability (emotion) and your spirit (potential and possibility), then you must be quite a resourceful person, and that resourcefulness will show-up in your creations, whatever they may be.
healhustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 02:54 PM   #88
Guru

City: San Diego
Vessel Name: Circuit Breaker
Vessel Model: 2021..22' Duffy Cuddy cabin
Quote:
Originally Posted by manyboats View Post
hustler,Can I do the things you do on TF w I-photo?
No! (I've tried.)
Old 05-23-2013, 03:43 PM   #89
Guru

City: Concrete Washington State
Vessel Name: Willy
Vessel Model: Willard Nomad 30'
Thanks so much hustler.

One thing I'd really like to do is darken a sky background and keeping all else as photographed. With my apple "tools" I can change;

Exposure
Saturation
Tint
Sharpness

and a few others but everything happens to the whole picture. If I want ideal skin tones all else must follow the skin tone adjustments.

Walt .... Yup I'm sure your'e better at this than I. I haven't really used i-photo yet. So your'e ahead of me.

Marin still has two posts right?

North Western Washington State USA
Nomad Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 04:17 PM   #90
Moderator Emeritus

City: Home Port: Buck's Harbor, Maine
Vessel Name: "Emily Anne"
Vessel Model: 2001 Island Gypsy 32 Europa (Hull #146)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endurance View Post
hustler, your graphics skills are nothing short of sensational! I really look forward to your artistic creations. Some (like this one) have me laughing my head off, and others I think you should send to some of the boat builders as suggestions for future products. Thank you! Please keep them coming!

X2
Old 05-23-2013, 04:39 PM   #91
Guru

City: Longboat Key, FL
Vessel Name: Bucky
Vessel Model: Krogen Manatee 36 North Sea
Thanks Nick, Eric, David and everyone for the positive comments, and thanks to Marin for not taking me seriously (I mean, how could you). Thank God you all have a good sense of humor.
healhustler is offline   Reply With Quote