Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 12-01-2013, 11:13 PM   #1
Guru
 
N4712's Avatar
 
City: South FL
Country: U.S.A
Vessel Name: Oliver
Vessel Model: Nordhavn 47 Hull# 12
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,613
Just wondering if anyone has ordered from them, asking because there are so many scam sites out their you never know. They seem to have what I need a the right price with free shipping, hmmm.http://www.fisheriessupply.com/rocna...zed-steel-70kg
__________________
Advertisement

__________________
Thanks, Oliver
M/V Oliver
Nordhavn 47 Hull #12
N4712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 11:16 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
jukesy's Avatar
 
City: Victoria BC
Vessel Name: LUCKY US
Vessel Model: American Tug
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 268
Dealt with them lots. Their great and yes their legit.
__________________

jukesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 11:19 PM   #3
Guru
 
N4712's Avatar
 
City: South FL
Country: U.S.A
Vessel Name: Oliver
Vessel Model: Nordhavn 47 Hull# 12
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by jukesy View Post
Dealt with them lots. Their great and yes their legit.
Oh ok that's great to hear, thanks!
__________________
Thanks, Oliver
M/V Oliver
Nordhavn 47 Hull #12
N4712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 11:26 PM   #4
Guru
 
windmist's Avatar
 
City: Port Orchard, WA
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Violet A
Vessel Model: Nordic Tug 42
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 908
I've been their best customer for decades. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

Ron
windmist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 01:11 AM   #5
Guru
 
Xsbank's Avatar
 
City: Pender Harbour, BC
Country: Canada
Vessel Name: Gwaii Haanas
Vessel Model: Vancouver Shipyards Custom Aluminum 52
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,447
Boaters toy shop - go crazy!
Xsbank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 08:17 AM   #6
TF Site Team
 
Larry M's Avatar
 
City: JAX, FL
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Hobo
Vessel Model: Krogen 42-120
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 5,737
Ask them for their "Yacht Fitters Account". Tell them you just bought a N47 and going to spend some money. It's usually good for 6-12 months. We've done it twice wit them.
Larry M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:10 AM   #7
TF Site Team
 
Pau Hana's Avatar


 
City: Seattle, WA
Country: Good Ol' US of A!
Vessel Name: Pau Hana
Vessel Model: 1989 PT52 Overseas Yachtfisher
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,647
Quote:
Originally Posted by N4712 View Post
Just wondering if anyone has ordered from them, asking because there are so many scam sites out their you never know. They seem to have what I need a the right price with free shipping, hmmm.Rocna Anchor - Galvanized Steels 70KG | Fisheries Supply
Indeed- they are an institution here in Seattle. They primarily service the commercial boats and trades, and have a large retail side as well.
__________________
Peter- Marine Insurance Guru & tuna fishing addict!

1989 52' PT Overseas yachtfisher
Pau Hana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 10:38 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
City: Pittsburg, CA
Country: USA
Vessel Name: NoMoBoat
Vessel Model: Trawlers
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 278
N4712,

For my 2 cents, I will strongly second Peter's comment. Being a Commercial supplier, they have been able to supply me with some materials that have been difficult to obtain readily elsewhere.(off the shelf)
Might be a bit higher than the discount websites, but no worse than WW.
They are solid folks.
__________________
JimS on the Delta
Delta_JimS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 10:45 PM   #9
Guru
 
N4712's Avatar
 
City: South FL
Country: U.S.A
Vessel Name: Oliver
Vessel Model: Nordhavn 47 Hull# 12
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta_JimS View Post
N4712, For my 2 cents, I will strongly second Peter's comment. Being a Commercial supplier, they have been able to supply me with some materials that have been difficult to obtain readily elsewhere.(off the shelf) Might be a bit higher than the discount websites, but no worse than WW. They are solid folks.
Wait what are we talking about anchors? If so, Rex is getting me a quote, if I like it then I'll hop on it, but if it's as exspensive as rocking horse poo I'll getting something else. But I'm still sticking with Rocna.
__________________
Thanks, Oliver
M/V Oliver
Nordhavn 47 Hull #12
N4712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:43 PM   #10
TF Site Team
 
Pau Hana's Avatar


 
City: Seattle, WA
Country: Good Ol' US of A!
Vessel Name: Pau Hana
Vessel Model: 1989 PT52 Overseas Yachtfisher
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,647
Quote:
Originally Posted by N4712 View Post
Wait what are we talking about anchors? If so, Rex is getting me a quote, if I like it then I'll hop on it, but if it's as exspensive as rocking horse poo I'll getting something else. But I'm still sticking with Rocna.
Get your quote from Fisheries Supply, then open an account and tell them you are a new boat owner. You'll receive a discount, and be dealing with some quality folks.

They are no more expensive than WW, and always have a better selection AND extremely knowledgeable staff.
__________________
Peter- Marine Insurance Guru & tuna fishing addict!

1989 52' PT Overseas yachtfisher
Pau Hana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:45 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
HenryD's Avatar
 
City: Heading south for Ft. Myers
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Seven Tenths
Vessel Model: Mirage / Great Harbour 47
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 353
They have a great store that is worth the visit if you get to Seattle. I keep one of their catalogs for reference...2-3 times as thick as West Marine. Their staff know a lot about what they are recommending.
HenryD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:49 PM   #12
Guru
 
N4712's Avatar
 
City: South FL
Country: U.S.A
Vessel Name: Oliver
Vessel Model: Nordhavn 47 Hull# 12
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pau Hana View Post
Get your quote from Fisheries Supply, then open an account and tell them you are a new boat owner. You'll receive a discount, and be dealing with some quality folks. They are no more expensive than WW, and always have a better selection AND extremely knowledgeable staff.
Rex is with Sarca anchors, not F.S
__________________
Thanks, Oliver
M/V Oliver
Nordhavn 47 Hull #12
N4712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 02:47 PM   #13
Guru
 
Nomad Willy's Avatar
 
City: Concrete Washington State
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Willy
Vessel Model: Willard Nomad 30'
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 13,712
N4712,
You have a distinctive boat why not have a distinctive anchor?
Rocna, Excell, Manson Supreme, Spade, Sarca and probably Delta are all top performers. And of course if you want maximum holding power all will agree Fortress stands alone. Every anchor has it's weakness though .. so ideally you'd discover those weakness's and match the anchor accordingly to your boating style and geographical area. Most significantly what bottom types you'll most likely encounter.

But if you'd care to observe, the majority of boaters are getting along fine w anchors that are not high end or super performing anchors. Claws have been performing well enough that probably more here on TF rely on them than all the super anchors mentioned above. The Claw is #2 for the fishing fleet in SE Alaska. And #1 for the fishermen is an anchor (Forfjord) that I sold several years ago for $25.

Don't get on any bandwagon and figure it out for yourself.
__________________
Eric

North Western Washington State USA
Nomad Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 05:07 PM   #14
Guru
 
N4712's Avatar
 
City: South FL
Country: U.S.A
Vessel Name: Oliver
Vessel Model: Nordhavn 47 Hull# 12
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by manyboats View Post
N4712, You have a distinctive boat why not have a distinctive anchor? Rocna, Excell, Manson Supreme, Spade, Sarca and probably Delta are all top performers. And of course if you want maximum holding power all will agree Fortress stands alone. Every anchor has it's weakness though .. so ideally you'd discover those weakness's and match the anchor accordingly to your boating style and geographical area. Most significantly what bottom types you'll most likely encounter. But if you'd care to observe, the majority of boaters are getting along fine w anchors that are not high end or super performing anchors. Claws have been performing well enough that probably more here on TF rely on them than all the super anchors mentioned above. The Claw is #2 for the fishing fleet in SE Alaska. And #1 for the fishermen is an anchor (Forfjord) that I sold several years ago for $25. Don't get on any bandwagon and figure it out for yourself.
Right now, it's looking like the Rocna. If it's not the Rocna it will be the Excel, both distinctive anchors.
__________________

__________________
Thanks, Oliver
M/V Oliver
Nordhavn 47 Hull #12
N4712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2006 - 2012