Fisheries Supply

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dealt with them lots. Their great and yes their legit. :)

I've been their best customer for decades. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

Ron

Boaters toy shop - go crazy!

Ask them for their "Yacht Fitters Account". Tell them you just bought a N47 and going to spend some money. It's usually good for 6-12 months. We've done it twice wit them.

Just wondering if anyone has ordered from them, asking because there are so many scam sites out their you never know. They seem to have what I need a the right price with free shipping, hmmm.Rocna Anchor - Galvanized Steels 70KG | Fisheries Supply

Indeed- they are an institution here in Seattle. They primarily service the commercial boats and trades, and have a large retail side as well.

N4712,

For my 2 cents, I will strongly second Peter's comment. Being a Commercial supplier, they have been able to supply me with some materials that have been difficult to obtain readily elsewhere.(off the shelf)
Might be a bit higher than the discount websites, but no worse than WW.
They are solid folks.

N4712, For my 2 cents, I will strongly second Peter's comment. Being a Commercial supplier, they have been able to supply me with some materials that have been difficult to obtain readily elsewhere.(off the shelf) Might be a bit higher than the discount websites, but no worse than WW. They are solid folks.
Wait what are we talking about anchors? If so, Rex is getting me a quote, if I like it then I'll hop on it, but if it's as exspensive as rocking horse poo I'll getting something else. But I'm still sticking with Rocna.

Wait what are we talking about anchors? If so, Rex is getting me a quote, if I like it then I'll hop on it, but if it's as exspensive as rocking horse poo I'll getting something else. But I'm still sticking with Rocna.

Get your quote from Fisheries Supply, then open an account and tell them you are a new boat owner. You'll receive a discount, and be dealing with some quality folks.

They are no more expensive than WW, and always have a better selection AND extremely knowledgeable staff.

They have a great store that is worth the visit if you get to Seattle. I keep one of their catalogs for reference...2-3 times as thick as West Marine. Their staff know a lot about what they are recommending.

Get your quote from Fisheries Supply, then open an account and tell them you are a new boat owner. You'll receive a discount, and be dealing with some quality folks. They are no more expensive than WW, and always have a better selection AND extremely knowledgeable staff.
Rex is with Sarca anchors, not F.S

N4712,
You have a distinctive boat why not have a distinctive anchor?
Rocna, Excell, Manson Supreme, Spade, Sarca and probably Delta are all top performers. And of course if you want maximum holding power all will agree Fortress stands alone. Every anchor has it's weakness though .. so ideally you'd discover those weakness's and match the anchor accordingly to your boating style and geographical area. Most significantly what bottom types you'll most likely encounter.

But if you'd care to observe, the majority of boaters are getting along fine w anchors that are not high end or super performing anchors. Claws have been performing well enough that probably more here on TF rely on them than all the super anchors mentioned above. The Claw is #2 for the fishing fleet in SE Alaska. And #1 for the fishermen is an anchor (Forfjord) that I sold several years ago for $25.

Don't get on any bandwagon and figure it out for yourself.

N4712, You have a distinctive boat why not have a distinctive anchor? Rocna, Excell, Manson Supreme, Spade, Sarca and probably Delta are all top performers. And of course if you want maximum holding power all will agree Fortress stands alone. Every anchor has it's weakness though .. so ideally you'd discover those weakness's and match the anchor accordingly to your boating style and geographical area. Most significantly what bottom types you'll most likely encounter. But if you'd care to observe, the majority of boaters are getting along fine w anchors that are not high end or super performing anchors. Claws have been performing well enough that probably more here on TF rely on them than all the super anchors mentioned above. The Claw is #2 for the fishing fleet in SE Alaska. And #1 for the fishermen is an anchor (Forfjord) that I sold several years ago for $25. Don't get on any bandwagon and figure it out for yourself.
Right now, it's looking like the Rocna. If it's not the Rocna it will be the Excel, both distinctive anchors.

Back
Top Bottom