Favorite Non-Boating Youtube Channels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gdavid

Guru
Vessel Name
Graceland
Vessel Make
Mainship 34 MK1
Does anyone else care to share which obscure youtube channels you may find yourself enjoying which have little or nothing at all to do with boating. I'm not promoting or providing links so I hope this subject is allowed.

I Do Cars - primarily consists of teardowns of bad engines from passenger vehicles, a mix of minor to catastrophic failures. Guy has a good sense of humor and you'll see questionable design choices and/or impact of poor maintenance impacts.

The History Guy - a historian sharing good history, often obscure.

Project Farm (compares tools such as "best locking pliers")

America's Test Kitchen (Bridget is such a carnivore...)

Frontline (news and documentaty)

Carter Vintage Guitars (hi-end used guitar store in Nashville. They film musicians gigging with their stuff)

Peter

For non boating videos, I enjoy watching first person bicycle racing videos shot with GoPro’s that are done by amateur and semi-pros’. As an ex triathlete with bad knees, I spend a lot of time on a stationary bike now. If you are looking for inspiration to keep peddling, these videos are fun and feels like you are in the race, a charity ride, or a downhill run. Examples: SafaBrian (fearless South African dude who is an amazing descender), Nocal Cycling, Vegan Cyclist.

Frontline- just watched one last night while on the hook.

Gold Shaw Farms- it’s about an incompetent duck farmer that has no quit in him.

Matt’s off road recovery- it’s about a sketchy tow truck driver who goes off road to tow people out of sketchy situations.

Andrew Camarata. Fixing, breaking, digging, building. No glitz, no advertisements (other than what Youtube injects), no product promotions, no bikinis or innuendo. Just Andrew doing what Andrew does, and with a great dry sense of humor. The best was when he and some friends were jet skiing and one of the machines got swamped and had to be towed back to shore upside down and half submerged. Andrew's comment: "that might be hard to start". But damn if he didn't get it going again, right on the spot. He's heavy handed sometimes, but very resourceful. It's been great watching him grow from a goofy kid on minibikes to an adult now in his 30s. He has well over a million subscribers and by all indications makes an excellent living off his videos.

For the gearheads, Leno's Garage's many episodes or his weekly vblog.
No one has more interesting vehicles and a legendary lover of all things mechanical.
A true gentleman in a genre that seems sometime to favor ink over intellect.

Smarter Every Day.

Any of the channels by Simon Whistler (he has a bunch).

Adam Savage Tested
Smarter every day
Mark Rober
Joe Scott
Hoovie’s Garage
Lock Picking Lawyer

Guitar stuff:
Rhett Shull
Rick Beato
Music is Win
Anderton’s TV
Five Watt Word