Old 11-17-2015, 06:25 PM   #1
Guru

City: Sydney
Facebook

Facebook is an interesting phenomenon, particularly the concept of Facebook friends.
I thought I would try to make friends outside of Facebook while utilising the same principles.
Every day I walk down the street and tell passersby what I have eaten, how I feel at the moment, what shoes I have chosen to wear today and why, what I did last night and what I intend to do later - and with whom.
I give them pictures of my family, pictures of my dog, photos of me gardening, dissembling things in the garage, watering the lawn, standing in front of landmarks, driving around town, having lunch - just doing what anybody and everybody does every day.
I also listen to their conversations. I give them the "thumbs up" or, occasionally, the "thumbs down". I tell then that I like them - whether, in fact, I do or not.
Lo! it works just like Facebook. I already have four people following me - two police officers, a private investigator and a psychiatrist.

gaston is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 01:04 AM   #2
Guru

City: Tampa
ROFLMAO.....That was great!

Old 11-18-2015, 12:18 PM   #3

City: Vancouver BC
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaston View Post
Facebook is an interesting phenomenon, particularly the concept of Facebook friends.
I thought I would try to make friends outside of Facebook while utilising the same principles.
Every day I walk down the street and tell passersby what I have eaten, how I feel at the moment, what shoes I have chosen to wear today and why, what I did last night and what I intend to do later - and with whom.
I give them pictures of my family, pictures of my dog, photos of me gardening, dissembling things in the garage, watering the lawn, standing in front of landmarks, driving around town, having lunch - just doing what anybody and everybody does every day.
I also listen to their conversations. I give them the "thumbs up" or, occasionally, the "thumbs down". I tell then that I like them - whether, in fact, I do or not.
Lo! it works just like Facebook. I already have four people following me - two police officers, a private investigator and a psychiatrist.
I will give it another 10 years and it will be filed with bell bottom pants and the pet rock.
West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 01:45 PM   #4
Guru

City: Fort Myers
attention spans are getting shorter and shorter, soon it will be something all new for 10 second video clips only.
Marlinmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 09:03 PM   #5
Guru

City: Hotel, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinmike View Post
attention spans are getting shorter and shor
Fixed it for you

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they've been fooled - Mark Twain
CPseudonym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 10:58 AM   #6
Guru

City: Carefree, Arizona
Vessel Name: sunchaser V
Vessel Model: DeFever 48
Gaston

Take a step back, how is Facebook really different than TF? The two major differences I see:
  • On TF we communicate about anything with those who we don't know but who at times share a mutual interest.
  • On Facebook "we" communicate about anything with those we do know with the mutual interest being a friend or relative.
sunchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 05:10 PM   #7
Veteran Member

City: Michigan City, Ind
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunchaser View Post
Gaston

Take a step back, how is Facebook really different than TF? The two major differences I see:
  • On TF we communicate about anything with those who we don't know but who at times share a mutual interest.
  • On Facebook "we" communicate about anything with those we do know with the mutual interest being a friend or relative.
IDK about the people we do know. I replied to an officer from another dept and got a whole list of her friends of a lot people I don't know but we "shared one mutual friend" and started getting ads from "Thrive", American Indian Council, the church of What's Happenin, the local Chevy dealer, Jerry Falwell, Shaklee, and some LGBT group. Unfriended everybody, stopped using Facebook and used scotch tape to post my pictures to my wall, In the Dining Room.

Wanderin Star is offline   Reply With Quote