Duck and cover

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

markpierce

Master and Commander
Vessel Name
Carquinez Coot
Vessel Make
penultimate Seahorse Marine Coot hull #6
News report: "A powerful solar eruption is expected to blast a stream of charged particles toward Earth tomorrow (Jan. 24), as the strongest radiation storm since 2005 rages on the sun."

Great, end of the world coming and I'm no where near done. Oh well plan "b", put my head between my legs.

THE AZTEC'S WERE RIGHT... EVERYBODY PANIC!!!!!
biggrin.gif

-- Edited by GonzoF1 on Monday 23rd of January 2012 05:13:23 PM

Well, we all* survived 2005, so expect to see the day after tomorrow.

Nevertheless ... where do you plan to be on December 21, 2012 when the Mayan calendar expires?

markpierce wrote:
News report: "A powerful solar eruption is expected to blast a stream of charged particles toward Earth tomorrow (Jan. 24), as the strongest radiation storm since 2005 rages on the sun."

*COOL!* Hopefully that means a lot fewer boaters cluttering up my view of the anchorage.

Marin wrote:*COOL!* Hopefully that means a lot fewer boaters cluttering up my view of the anchorage.
*I'm not worried.* The roof of my pilothouse is made of thick steel, and I'm planning on being there tomorrow.* Surviving that, I'll be able to move to the PNW when Spanish-speaking*folks vote to have California be annexed by Mexico.

markpierce wrote:
*I'm not worried.* The roof of my pilothouse is made of thick steel,...
You might want to put some 1" sheet lead over the top of the pilothouse just to be safe, though.* That might help keep your electronics from getting fried by EMP.

Yeah Mark. *You had better really get prepared. *You remember how devistatig Y2K was. *Dont you?
no.gif

Moonstruck wrote:
Yeah Mark. *You had better really get prepared. *You remember how devistatig Y2K was. *Dont you?
no.gif
*What?* Me worry?
<table class="genmed" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"><tbody><tr><td width="100">*</td><td width="40">
xd.gif
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Just one more example of the effect of "global warming" on the planet. What is it going to take to wake up the "global warming" deniers? Perhaps another speech on that subject by the foremost climatologist in the world, Al Gore.
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom