Don't bite the hand that feeds you...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry, I just get tried of people who take the opportunity because they have a large number of people listening. What does any of this have to do with boats?? I signed on to talk about and listen to others that enjoy boating. Not about Wal-Mart or Amazon.

See post #52

Ditto, this is one of the most intelligent, orderly discussions I've come across in a while, for the most part.

There is no limit to the number of threads that can be in this forum, and the discussion of one topic doesn't in any way diminish a person's ability to find a discussion he or she would like to read and contribute to, if one is so inclined.

I agree 100%

This has been a very good thoughtful discussion.

Better than some of the idiotic discussions that some posts on TF meander to.

SO, I guess I am confused, How does this relate to boating, trawlers or anything related?

200.webp

SO, I guess I am confused, How does this relate to boating, trawlers or anything related?

Sigh!

Go back to the sub forum list and read the sub forum descriptions.

How about bringing all your political and social justice conversations to some other forum. There is enough of this stuff on fox and cnn..I come here for information and conversation on boats and how best to maintain them and use them.
This has been a quite civil conversation. As is common in these United Ststes, we citizens have great latitude in choosing what we do or not do. I have chosen to follow this thread. It would seem that you would do well for yourself to simply make a quintessential American choice and elect not to read this thread or others like it. Quite simple don't you think?

It relates to boats as much as a joke thread - and it does because during our boat journeys we sit around with others and talk about many things besides our anodes, anchors and dinghys.

A basic rule here should be no dis-ing other members, this one, that one or those people who... And don't critique the topic, that's no contribution at all.

That said it's probably gone long enough, but really, it flew straight for a long time!

Bob, it`s the non boating section of a boating forum. It doesn`t relate, and it shouldn`t.
If it irks you don`t visit it. It won`t appear on the right margin index.

Thread is about amazon. Have you not once bought something from amazon for the trawler. Are you a Troll wasting your 2nd post asking such a question.

This has a lot to do with boats if you can make comparisons. Look, boats today and from my very limited experience and knowledge, my view is that boats as an industry is ripe for disruption. It always comes from an unlikely source. Holley and Carter carburetors were disrupted by the EPA requiring certain gas mileage - try and find a car today with a Holley 750 cfm carb. Some day our industry may get disrupted - what if EPA prohibited all discharge? No wet exhaust, no waste discharge, and imposed on diesel engine the same standards as trucks? Boats would cost three times as much.

Can you imagine the mess if they decided that all boats must have holding tanks for gray water! :hide:

Back
Top Bottom