Destroyer collision japan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ummmm...starboard side...destroyers fault...

Good Lord almighty.

It does seem to be listing and pumping a ton of water.

Do we know more?

The Destroyer could have been stand on for orher reasons and when extremis came a miscommunication could have had this result.....but that would be a stretch....but possible.

Do we know more?

The Destroyer could have been stand on for orher reasons and when extremis came a miscommunication could have this result.....but that would be a stretch....but possible.

Oh come on, I'd put money they were yelling that the merchant ship has to give way because they (Navy) doesn't know the Rules. No, I'm not being funny or sarcastic, I've seen it first hand.

I have seen it both ways...that is my point not to jump to conclusions.

CO lost his job. Guaranteed. Change of command on pierside. Nav errors and collisions will end your career.

Not looking good for a commander's career move, upward at least. Was the warship dead stopped in the water perhaps? or just looking the wrong way towards a hysterically laughing kimmie young 'un. hope all on board are found fit and well and that the true facts come out soon and not just a flustered cover up or tweet storm.

Point I just read, the Merchant had just changed course. Hummm...

I read in an article that there was damage below the waterline on the destroyer and that 2 or 3 compartments had flooded. At least 2 of the flooded compartments were crew quarters. Given that the accident happened at 0230 I think it would be reasonable to assume that the missing 7 crew members were asleep in quarters at the time of the collision and if compartment doors were closed to prevent the flooding from spreading, that the missing men are inside one of those quarters.

I spent 2 years on a similiar ship 1968-70. The floor plan looks similiar from the comments. The berthing department is below waterline and the exit from same is ( or was) well above the water line. In the 2 year deployment I NEVER saw that hatch closed. I have no idea what that means in this situation.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom