Davis Cup USA v Australia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BruceK

Moderator Emeritus
Vessel Name
Sojourn
Vessel Make
Integrity 386
Day 1 of the quarter finals in Brisbane Australia.
Jordan Thompson b Jack Sock,Nick Krygios b John Isner. Doubles tomorrow, reverse singles the day after.
I missed the first match, prediction was for a different result, so well done Jordan Thompson. Second match was close as, Krygios behaved well, Isner did some great work, but was bested in 3 sets,each resolved by a tie break, so it was really close.
Great to see Jim Courier shake Nick`s hand after the match. Jim Courier, who captains USA is a regular Australian Open visitor, he and Aussie captain Lleyton Hewitt have a great relationship. A pleasure to see the tie conducted in good spirits. Pleasing too that Australia leads, but more matches to come.

We won, 3/2.

I like that the series was conducted in friendly fashion, and put it down to the 2 experienced good guy (non playing) team captains, Courier and Hewitt.
There was a time when year after year the Davis Cup final was between USA and Australia. Not these days.
The Hopman Cup played January in Perth, between teams of one male one female representing their country,a kind of warm up to the Australian Open, is another good series. Prize used to be diamond encrusted gold tennis balls, I think Serena Williams collected several.

Back
Top Bottom