Commuter Car

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marin

Guru
During a visit to several farms in the Skagit River Valley last weekend I came across this on a dairy farm. It's exactly what I need for my daily commute. No more problems with people driving stupid while talking on cell phones or texting, waiting to the last minute to change into the lane in front of you, traffic jams, etc.

It's probably a little slow but since I wouldn't be towing any farm implements I bet the gears could be swapped out to go a lot faster.

Attachments

• Commuter Car.jpg
    Commuter Car.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 84
Marin: You need to tow a disc to more finely chop the cars after you've driven over them.

One downside is that you'll need 4 parking spaces at the office. But I suspect you'll get those without any complaints.

Marin: You need to tow a disc to more finely chop the cars after you've driven over them.

One downside is that you'll need 4 parking spaces at the office. But I suspect you'll get those without any complaints.

The disc is a good idea. Destroy the evidence. Parking's not an issue. We have a big enclosure for our camera and grip trucks and there's plenty of room in there for this thing.

"I just don't see FF at Burning Man. Just sayin'."

Too many STD for me!

Not big on needing an ice pick for the itchy spots.

:dance:

BL Checked it off my bucket list some years back. Wife's cousin is one of the worker bees that pulls it off.

FF No ice pick needed, the sand storms blast them off.

Today I found a much better commuter car. My crew and I had the day off so we went to Ferrari World, a massive theme park in Abu Dhabi based on, well, Ferrari.

In addition to all the park attractions--- which are all indoors in air-conditioned comfort--- they have a pretty amazing collection of cars scattered all over the place. The one in the photo is the F1 car Michael Schumacher used to win one of his championships a few years ago. So my idea now is that instead of simply crushing the cars in my way with the tractor I pictured earlier I'll outrun and outmaneuver them which should be a lot more fun in this thing.

We also rode the world's fastest roller coaster. Using a hydraulic catapult not unlike a carrier's steam catapult it launches the cars down the track from a dead stop to 150 mph in about 600 feet at which point the track curves up into a near vertical climb.

I could get into commuting in Michael's old car. Be a bit damp in all our rain, however. Maybe I can come up with some sort of dodger for it.

image-2635753175.jpg

Last edited:
Nice pic Marin. Pity Michael is not doing so well in his comeback to F1, in fact he has decided to retire again, once and for all from F1 at the end of this season. Now only 1 race away after last night's at the nice new track near Austin, Texas.
Talking commuter cars thought. The other night we caught a program called Supercars on Nat Geo, and this time the subject was the new Tesla 4 door sports sedan. Wow, I was impressed. They have set up thei fully robotised factory right there in the US by the way - not off-shored - and they are going to turn them out by the thousands. They are fully electric - do 0-60 in 5.6 secs, yet seat 4 comfortably, look fabulous, and have a range of 480km with one charge, and are going to only cost about ~ $50-60 grand US. That's pretty impressive.
Tesla Model S wins Motor Trend's Car of the Year. Are electric cars here to stay? - CSMonitor.com

Model S Options and Pricing | Tesla Motors

Back
Top Bottom