Old 09-02-2017, 12:24 PM   #21
Guru

City: CT
The Roosevelts are the original Antichrist to huge swaths of right-wingers in the US.

And any mention of international coordination and efforts toward real peace in the world are perceived as threats to "liberty".

The UN is an evil conspiracy dontcha know? of jack-booted thugs and black helicopters taking away our guns putting people in internment camps.

Sounds like comedy but that stuff is real to so many here.

john61ct is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 12:41 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by john61ct View Post
The Roosevelts are the original Antichrist to huge swaths of right-wingers in the US.

And any mention of international coordination and efforts toward real peace in the world are perceived as threats to "liberty".

The UN is an evil conspiracy dontcha know? of jack-booted thugs and black helicopters taking away our guns putting people in internment camps.

Sounds like comedy but that stuff is real to so many here.
Thanks for giving me one more reason to cancel my membership right away with no regret.

Mike.p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 01:45 PM   #23
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cottontop View Post
My chip and pin card is from the Andrews Federal Credit Union. No foreign transaction fees. It works most everywhere, except occasionally in France, where you need a French bank issued card to be certain.
Andrews is most mentioned on all forums discussing it.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 01:52 PM   #24
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike.p View Post
This is hard to believe. What French territories do you mean the French Antilles or France metropolitan? I often work in remote places, quite often in Paris Toulouse and Nice since 2001, I was briefly in Nice yesterday now in Paris I personally never had a problem with my Wells Fargo Chase Bank of America cards wether in parkings restaurants shops ATM, anywhere, neither my wife and my son, our cards have a PIN code.
I mean much of the automatic equipment in France which requires a Pin code is not working for people with US cards. Where signature works it's not a problem. Where pin is required even those with pin cards from the US have had a lot of issues. Places like public transportation have been mentioned. There are a lot of discussions of chip and pin online. My last time in France was before chip and pin existed. I do read of more issues in France than anywhere else. French Antilles I never heard of any issues. Perhaps your experience also reflects a diminishing problem. We used Chase, Bank of America and Barclay's in Spain and have used them throughout the Caribbean with no problems.

BandB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chip and pin, chip and sign, credit cards