Buyin' from the Chinese...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ancora

Guru
Needed a zeiner diode to repair a dc power source. Could not find one locally so I ordered it on E-Bay from a Chinese company. At $1.27 a pop, I ordered six of them. When the package arrived it had over 200 of them. Is this usually the case when ordering from China?

Greetings,
Maybe the shipper is familiar with your personality on this site and figured you needed that amount of rectification...

That's the funniest thing i've heard on tf and i've been here since 07.

Last edited:
I guess the other 199 are spares -- just in case the first one, and the second one, and the third one, etc, etc, fails!!

My experience with ordering directly from Chinese companies is mixed. The ones I ordered from ship air parcel post from Hong Kong. In two cases I got the stuff I ordered but it took about two weeks to get here. In another case I never got it, the USPS said it was delivered and couldn't do anything more about it, so I gave up on it. All in all I saved money on the two orders even with the lost money on the third one. But don't count on it.

David

Needed a zeiner diode to repair a dc power source. Could not find one locally so I ordered it on E-Bay from a Chinese company. At $1.27 a pop, I ordered six of them. When the package arrived it had over 200 of them. Is this usually the case when ordering from China?

Honestly, you should contact them and inform them of their mistake. They may tell you to keep them or they may send you a prepaid box to return them in.

I usually get what I order from Chinese vendors.

When the package arrived it had over 200 of them. Is this usually the case when ordering from China?

I wish it was. The horizontal stabilizers and vertical tails of the 737 are manufactured in China. It would be great if every time we ordered one we got 200.

They might think zeiner diodes are the same as Chinese food...after eating it you are hungry again.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom