The Brothers Four

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dhmeissner

Guru
Vessel Name
The Promise
Vessel Make
Roughwater 35
Me and me mate will be seeing the Brothers Four tonight in Kirkland...

Have fun. Not a bad group. Doing a song from The Fantasticks here and still looking pretty good for an old bunch (although I don't know the date on this).

Have fun. Not a bad group. Doing a song from The Fantasticks here and still looking pretty good for an old bunch (although I don't know the date on this).

Wifey B: The Fantasticks...my hubby's fav musical. He did it in college. I admit I like it too.

I had never heard of the Brothers Four though. Founded in 1957...no wonder I hadn't. I mean the original dudes would be like 80 years old. But I do know the songs of 7 of their 9 singles. So the grandchildren version still touring? I went to hear the Drifters and Platters and can't remember the other one on our honeymoon in Vegas. Also got to meet and sing with Wayne Newton. Got to see what old Vegas was about. Think I was the age of the grandchildren of the others there but you saw the connection he made to the audience. I like small venues like the old Vegas showrooms. Going to see someone perform in the AAA and looking at the giant screens to see close ups is just not the same. Well, except for Pink. Now that girl puts on a show.

There's something about good male harmony, isn't there. A band of three likeable teenage brothers from the sticks, (country to you) calling themselves the 'Bothers 3' just stole show at the X-Factor competition here in Oz just recently. They didn't win, but came 3rd, which is huge for a male group, and their audition version of 'Safe and Sound', originally done by Taylor Swift from the Movie 'Hunger Games', broughtt the house down, and there was not a dry eye in the place.

There's something about good male harmony, isn't there. A band of three likeable teenage brothers from the sticks, (country to you) calling themselves the 'Bothers 3' just stole show at the X-Factor competition here in Oz just recently. They didn't win, but came 3rd, which is huge for a male group, and their audition version of 'Safe and Sound', originally done by Taylor Swift from the Movie 'Hunger Games', broughtt the house down, and there was not a dry eye in the place.

Wifey B: I think you could just say good harmony. I think right now we're like sort of in another solo stretch. Many of the groups that harmonized have split out on their own individual gigs. More money that way. Hubby's HS had a men's quartet he sang in and it's still active as a part of the glee club.

The epitome of men harmonizing, barber shop music. And on the girl's side, I guess the first I ever heard of and saw on an old Lawrence Welk rerun was the Lennon Sisters.

A really cool thing I think is something Barry Manilow has done and that is use today's technology to sing and harmonize with singers no longer alive. I remember on something sometime but can't remember where he sang on stage with the young version of himself. We've played around doing things like that at home, like singing with a track of Frank Sinatra or something. I never sang as part of a group so harmonizing was something new and different for me.

Maybe harmonizing and groups isn't exactly dead. Look at the success of Glee.

Back
Top Bottom