Vessel Model: 1974 34' Marine Trader Sedan
Boeing Super Hornet

Marin:

Is this one of your productions?

BaltimoreLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 03:35 PM   #2
Scraping Paint

City: -
No. That was most likely produced by the folks in our organization in St. Louis where the F-18 and F-15 programs are based and the planes are assembled (most of the F-15 is actually built in South Korea as is the airframe of the Apache helicopter).

We provide some support for BDS (Boeing Defense & Space) here in the Puget Sound area. However most of this support is for programs that use commercial airplanes as their platforms. So we do a fair amount of work for the P-8A Poseidon and Wedgetail programs which use a 737 airframe, the AWACS planes that use 707 and 767 airframes, and the new tanker which uses a 767 airframe.

Our primary role out here is to support BCA (Boeing Commercial Airplanes).

Very little of what we do ends up on a public venue. The majority of our work is aimed at our customers, suppliers, or other industry audiences. A few things get wide public exposure--- the PTQ's (Put Together Quickly) videos of our airplanes being built or painted is a good example. A little video idea that marketing came up with a few weeks ago which I directed and edited featuring the two Seahawks kickers, Steve Hauschka and John Ryan kicking a football over and into the 747-8 freighter we painted with a Seahawks livery is apparently on several websites including the Seahawk's site. Back in the early 90s a half-hour video about the B-29, probably the best video script I've ever written, was sold for many years in the gift store of the Museum of Flight on Boeing Field.

But most of our stuff, which perhaps might be very interesting or educational to the public, is never shown on public-facing venues.
Marin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 02:17 PM   #3
Curmudgeon

City: Stoney Creek, MD
Vessel Name: Moon Dance
Vessel Model: 1974 34' Marine Trader Sedan
Thanks, Marin.

I was wondering if you had managed to snake some backseat time in a 2 seat Hornet. I'd almost kill for that!
BaltimoreLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 03:56 PM   #4
Scraping Paint

City: -
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreLurker View Post
I was wondering if you had managed to snake some backseat time in a 2 seat Hornet.
I have but not for that particular project.
Marin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 06:58 PM   #5
Guru

City: Inside Passage Summer/Columbia River Winter
Vessel Name: Alaskan Sea-Duction
Vessel Model: 1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
I used to work on the older F-18s. They were a joy to work on. Interesting that they would adopted the F-15C and E conformal tanks. There were a pain in the a$$. My only complaint was the SRP. Too high
Alaskan Sea-Duction is online now   Reply With Quote