Boat Arsonist Badly Burned

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not with any certainty, but the arsonists must have had a reason, and the owner had been trying, unsucessfully, to sell the boat for a while......

If it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck......

I bet he doesn't smell as good as roast duck!

Unless it was a accident by total morons ( not likely ) he got what was coming to him.

If it was vandalism, or hired arson he got what was coming to him. Lets not forget that innocent bystanders and first respondents have died at the hands of Arsonists.
I dont buy that in our society someone has to turn to crime to be able to live.

HOLLYWOOD

Perhaps a better option would be to put a bullet between his eyes to be sure he never does this again. Amen.
So, comfortable with the extra judicial killing proposal? Followed of course by the traditional ending to Christian prayer?

Not with any certainty, but the arsonists must have had a reason, and the owner had been trying, unsucessfully, to sell the boat for a while......

If it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck......

Time will tell, but could just as easily be people who hated the owner, had a grudge, or were paid by someone else. In time the facts will come out and may be exactly as you suspect.

I once knew of a guy who everyone around knew was a crook, including his brother who I knew well. The guy had a large business and one night it burned to the ground as the entire building was covered in gasoline. Total loss. Had to be him for insurance. Only one flaw in that assumption. He had no insurance. Now everyone still figured he knew who had it done and it was someone he'd made enemies of, but they never found the actual arsonists or who paid them. He always said he had no idea. Far more likely is he screwed someone in some illegal transaction and they got revenge but he wasn't going to confess to his crime to help catch the arsonists. It could be though that he had no idea. He stuck to his story, even to both of his brothers.

There was one case in Tennessee where a guy was about to lose his house through foreclosure and it burned. Turned out the reason the guy had his financial problems was gambling and the arsonists were sent by his bookie. The bookie didn't care or realize that he was actually helping the guy. Unfortunately for him the arsonists weren't very smart and quickly flipped.

I want to see anyone involved in the crime arrested and imprisoned. I still feel great sadness over hearing how the one man was burned. I am glad no innocent bystanders were hurt.

I've absolutely no sympathy whatsoever for these 3 apologies for men, let it be a lesson to others.

Honi Soit Q Mal Y Pense. (Evil be to others, who evil think).
Inscription on every artillery piece in the British Army.

Personally I have no sympathy for the arsonist. He got a big karmic payback. I happen to think that if the perpetrators of crimes were punished in kind with the crime they committed (like this guy), there would be a whole lot less crime in this country.

However, a crime punishment system like that would be very hard to implement and would lead to some very slippery slopes.

For the guys who have no sympathy for the arsonist...

How would you feel if he was caught and not injurred and a judge sentenced him to 3 months confinement in bed and amputation of his hands and feet ?

You wouldn't find that a little extreme ?

For the guys who have no sympathy for the arsonist...

How would you feel if he was caught and not injurred and a judge sentenced him to 3 months confinement in bed and amputation of his hands and feet ?

You wouldn't find that a little extreme ?
Completely different.....

I wouldn't have sympathy if the judge sentence choices were, 5 years hard labor or probation but you lose your hands and feet.

Completely different.....

I wouldn't have sympathy if the judge sentence choices were, 5 years hard labor or probation but you lose your hands and feet.

The sentence imposed on himself, by himself is extreme.
No follow up so I guess the guy died?
What about the other 2?

IF he lives, he will have to find a real friend to pick your nose.

I don't see either as a fit punishment for the crime.
I don't think it is a "fit punishment" for the crime either. But that doesn't mean that I feel sympathy for the criminal. Two different issues.

If you go out onto the foredeck in heavy seas, without a life jacket or harness to keep you on the boat, there is a very real possibility that you are going to fall overboard and drown. Do you DESERVE to drown? No, of course not. Drowning would not be a "fit punishment" for not wearing a life jacket. But you are taking a significant risk, and you have to accept the possibility that you will pay the price. It would be a tragedy for you to drown, but I'm not going to feel much sympathy -- after all, YOU made the choice to take the risk.

Same thing here. He took a risk. It back-fired on him. I can't feel any real sympathy for someone who does something dumb (especially when it is also criminal) and has to pay the price. That does not mean that I think he DESERVED what he got, but sometimes Karma slaps you down pretty hard.

Last edited:
I despise criminal behavior and believe the punishment should fit the crime. I draw the line, however, at chest-thumping behind a keyboard and wishing the unimaginable suffering of a burn victim—or an extra-judicial killing—on anyone. Torture and murder are not justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom