Biker babes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"Try and explain THAT to your teenager.'

Most kids think they got here by Immaculate Conception,

Not Dad poking fun at Mom.

At least the old bikes were not designed for women , none had electric start.

Nice link, thanks FF. I rode yesterday, quite hard actually, spun it up to 150 or so:facepalm:

At least the old bikes were not designed for women , none had electric start.

I love this photo of Lawrence of Arabia taking delivery of a new Brough superior; no electric starter...!

article-1266500-0004553000000258-11_306x274.jpg

article-1266500-091EA61C000005DC-658_634x307.jpg

"no electric starter..."

Well there was always "run & bump" for the heros that weren't heavy enough to kick start.

Unlike todays garbage twins , that one looks like it actually has a muffler setup.

I had the pleasure of riding a Brough, don't know the year. Very quiet and somewhat slow. I almost had a hart attack when it stalled at a light. Luckily I was able to restart it and carry on.
I did like the way it handled into and out of a corner. Piece of art that would look great in any living room or den.

"no electric starter..."

Well there was always "run & bump" for the heros that weren't heavy enough to kick start.

Unlike todays garbage twins , that one looks like it actually has a muffler setup.

I had a ragtag bunch of British bikes over the years , and none of them strarted unless it was a warm summers day. ( ie: not very often in Ireland) of course they all had Magneto's which needed to be spun up to produce a decent spark which I why I always parked my bikes on the hill behind our farm!

Can anyone explain to me why its impossible to bump start a modern bike, the clutch seems to slip .

Are modern clutches different to old fashioned ones?

:rolleyes:

I had the pleasure of riding a Brough, don't know the year. Very quiet and somewhat slow. I almost had a hart attack when it stalled at a light. Luckily I was able to restart it and carry on.
I did like the way it handled into and out of a corner. Piece of art that would look great in any living room or den.

Wow, very few people have ever ridden one!

I'm very interested to hear that they handled well. My oldest bike had a Norton frame from the early sixties, it went well too.

Do you think that a Brough could be used for everyday transport?

Wow, very few people have ever ridden one!
I'm very interested to hear that they handled well. My oldest bike had a Norton frame from the early sixties, it went well too.
Do you think that a Brough could be used for everyday transport?

This was some time ago, and I only had about an hour on it. A friend of mine collected vintage British bikes: Vincents, Nortons, BSA etc etc.

But to answer your question, NO to a daily driver. YES to a beautiful art piece in your den.

Being a somewhat light bike (I had a 83 Harley road king), it did handle well especially into a corner, as long as you have good/sticky Avon tires.

The Vincent Black Shadow was a much sportier bike, I also had the pleasure of taking that for a spin.

Last edited:
This was some time ago, and I only had about an hour on it. A friend of mine collected vintage British bikes: Vincents, Nortons, BSA etc etc.

But to answer your question, NO to a daily driver. YES to a beautiful art piece in your den.

Being a somewhat light bike (I had a 83 Harley road king), it did handle well especially into a corner, as long as you have good/sticky Avon tires.

The Vincent Black Shadow was a much sportier bike, I also had the pleasure of taking that for a spin.

The nearest I got to riding a Vincent was sitting on one. Lol! Another classic and iconic British bike .

There's something magical about v-twins, I just love the look of them.

Greetings,
Thanks FF. "Someone's mom"...Hahahaha. Try and explain THAT to your teenager.

That "someone's mom in the 70s" picture reminds me of a certain scene in a movie called "Vanishing Point."

Here are some Sydney "Biker Babes" you might not want to meet:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom