The Best Publicity Money Can't Buy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hubby B: Live events are not broadcast on delay. The news isn't and often when they're in the field things happen. One of the more famous lines was after Andrew when a photographer kept trying to hand a reporter a microphone because they were on the air. She later claimed she said something about apparatus instead of "stick it up your a.." What about presidential press conferences in which the current office holder regularly uses words not allowed on television? If a world series game was on a 10 second delay, the big home run would get scooped by someone on twitter. You say delay is done all the time, but it isn't done all the time on tv. It is a standard practice on talk radio.

Everyone acts like this is something new but there have been flashers at many football games and they've been on tv. They were just removed from the stadium but the network and NFL did not choose to follow it up by giving them more publicity and fame. Had MLB not banned and given these girls publicity they wouldn't have gotten nearly the time or promotion out of it.

The only regular television I know on tape delay is A&E with Live PD and Live Rescue. They anticipate a barrage of language from those arrested but that's not their primary reason. They have some intense and traumatic action including rollovers and deaths even and they do want to delay those. Don't want someone's relatives seeing a mutilated body before the police have even notified them.

It's simple, the broadcasting network broke no rules. MLB broke no rules. The two girls broke game attendance rules but broke no laws.

I do think it's likely now that they've been rewarded with so much publicity that they will strike again at future sporting events.

I would add this and that is that there's been no outrage over this. It's been nothing like Nipplegate. First, not the number of viewers. Second, a few years have passed. Third, it wasn't part of a halftime show people had allowed their kids to stay up late to see. On the whole, it's just not a big deal. Not like there are people who haven't seen breasts before. Just a little sidelight. And a great trivia question for years to come will be "Who was the pitcher when the girls flashed from behind home plate in the World Series?" Answer: Gerrit Cole.

I wonder if at some point if the motivation to profit from the breaking of the rules, chances the authorities response. It's ok for a woman to sleep around, until she starts profiting from it.

Ted

Show a person being murdered fairly graphically on TV, no one bats an eye. Show a female nipple and there's hell to pay.

Go figure.
I believe the term you’re looking for is “bass-ackwards”...

Kid out drinking relieved himself in an alley or park or something and got busted. Charged as a sex offender and listed as such. Hate to think of the ways it changed his life.

He wasn't exposing himself and it wrecked his life. These girls deliberately exposed themselves and it's all fun and games. It just gets crazier all the time.

I've heard Europeans say they can't believe how Americans teach kids about sex. Wonder any of them grow up to live normal lives.

Last edited:
Kid out drinking relieved himself in an alley or park or something and got busted. Charged as a sex offender and listed as such. Hate to think of the ways it changed his life.

He wasn't exposing himself and it wrecked his life. These girls deliberately exposed themselves and it's all fun and games. It just gets crazier all the time.

I've heard Europeans say they can't believe how Americans teach kids about sex. Wonder any of them grow up to live normal lives.

Genitals are illegal. Breasts are not. Genitals are sexual organs. Breasts are not.

Now, kid relieving self in alley gets arrested but not charge as sex offender. Does get charged with public indecency. Now, I do totally agree on some youthful indiscretions unduly impacting lives forever. We have hundreds of thousands who can't get jobs because they smoked weed when young and got arrested. We have employers now checking social media and schools doing the same and looking for one mistake to disqualify a candidate. And here is the saddest part of it all. If you have money it doesn't happen to you, you get the charge dismissed or you get prayer for judgement and a future dismissal or retroactively you get it arrested, but if you're poor, you get the full extent of all the punishment and consequences possible.

Europeans criticizing American culture? :nonono: People in glass houses should not throw stones.

As to your theory that a kid peeing would get charged & convicted as a registered sex offender...false. Would never happen. Never. Intent...every state law follows intent. Straw man argument. And I base this on 25 years in LE and thousands of arrests, investigations, interviews, trials, etc.

Last edited:
Kid lived down the street from me. I admit I never saw the documents but I dated his sister and saw the family dynamic first hand. It happened. It makes sense because too many flashers could use a similar excuse.

Another one for you. Kids arrested for loitering - in their own yard. I have trouble believing that one myself. I talked to the mom. I don't think she was lying.

Last edited:
. Now, I do totally agree on some youthful indiscretions unduly impacting lives forever. We have hundreds of thousands who can't get jobs because they smoked weed when young and got arrested. We have employers now checking social media and schools doing the same and looking for one mistake to disqualify a candidate. And here is the saddest part of it all. If you have money it doesn't happen to you, you get the charge dismissed or you get prayer for judgement and a future dismissal or retroactively you get it arrested, but if you're poor, you get the full extent of all the punishment and consequences possible.

Unless the kid is foreign and can take up a new name, leave the past behind. Not always kids, either.

Kid that peed outside was forty some-odd years ago in Annapolis.

"Except the fine is not supported by law."

The broadcast companies have big buck liars for hire , so escape anything , including false news reporting.

The cruising boater has no staff so is screwed by towns that claim to own the water bottom , and claims anchoring is illegal.

Wifey B: Marketing Geniuses are Julia Rose and Lauren Summer. Already popular on Instagram with 2.8 million and 1.5 million followers and run an online magazine. They buy seats behind home plate for the World Series and during the 7th inning as Gerrit Cole prepares to pitch and the cameras are directed toward home plate, they flash their breasts. This gets them an immediate 10.2 million viewers. Oh, but Major League Baseball doesn't make them stop with that. No, they ban them from all games, give their names, give them far more publicity than had they just let it die at that point. Oh, they play right into their plan and Julia Rose and Lauren Summers are having a very successful time right now.

Now, Julia Rose is one of the top searches and she's major in NY Post.

Oh, and the women claim it was a charitable endeavor as they were doing it to promote breast cancer awareness. So, now their five seconds of fame which likely many viewers missed has been greatly extended. And, now we're left to wonder where they'll hit next. Perhaps they'll be the 21st century version of Morgana. :lol:
What I get from their actions is that some females will drop their standards to get attention and to make money. Glad I missed their shenanigans. I don't give females like that any of my attention.

What I get from their actions is that some females will drop their standards to get attention and to make money. Glad I missed their shenanigans. I don't give females like that any of my attention.

Wifey B: Sorry the female body offends you. Do understand though that women are not the reason this is successful marketing, but men are, all you guys who ever look at sexy pictures online. :)

Personally, I say more power to them. This was only a big success because MLB gave them added publicity by banning them. Otherwise it would have done very little. :ermm:

I'm not offended by nudity and certainly not by the female breast and far worse ways of making money. What they do for money is legal. Sure beats white collar criminals or all those cheating on their taxes. I find the reactions of outrage hilarious. Just a difference in generations and attitudes I guess. :D

P. S. My hubby likes the female body too. He's enjoyed the day cruising with he the only man and 7 females.

Wifey B: Sorry the female body offends you. Do understand though that women are not the reason this is successful marketing, but men are, all you guys who ever look at sexy pictures online. :)

Personally, I say more power to them. This was only a big success because MLB gave them added publicity by banning them. Otherwise it would have done very little. :ermm:

I'm not offended by nudity and certainly not by the female breast and far worse ways of making money. What they do for money is legal. Sure beats white collar criminals or all those cheating on their taxes. I find the reactions of outrage hilarious. Just a difference in generations and attitudes I guess. :D

P. S. My hubby likes the female body too. He's enjoyed the day cruising with he the only man and 7 females.

I'm an old fashioned guy. :thumb:

'Fer cryin' out loud, it was jut a pair of boobies.

Attachments

• Boobies.jpg
    Boobies.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 48

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom