Adding Aquarium sets to Hall for a fantasy relaxation.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Norbert89

My wife Grace and our children Cecil and Adam and myself moved here to Calgary past month. It has been tough settling down here in the first few days, coming to know more about the surroundings and finding the right services and handymen to take care of things.
But in the past week our realtors helped us for good and gave the contact details to the plumbers in Calgary who helped us in the renovation plumbing processes that were a need at the time and they also helped us to get in touch with other handymen in the area. They were really a help and their support to their customers is to mention high.
Now in the coming week, I am planning to add a set of aquariums with different variety of species in the hall.
My focus is on Angel, Tiger Oscar and Aligator Gar.

Last edited by a moderator:
For me, watching fish swim in an aquarium is just about the most relaxing and stress free activity I can do. Helps to reduce the stresses from a long distance move. Welcome to relaxing Alberta.

For years, I kept a 250 gallon saltwater aquarium. I found it quite relaxing to watch the fish do their thing. Unfortunately, when we sold the house, the aquarium went with it.

Since then, I have toyed with the idea of another aquarium, but this one would be quite large: 6 to 8 feet tall (that extra height requires substantially thicker and more expensive Plexiglas) and about 12 feet wide (probably with some kind of column in the middle, or the required thickness becomes unmanageable. I figure it would be 4-6 feet in the other direction (length?), and would be large enough that I could hop in to clean it. It would be saltwater, but maybe a "coldwater" tank, not tropical, so I could stock it with stuff I capture.

The problem with aquariums is that it really limits my ability to be away from home for more than a few days. (I know there are services, but ...). So, that forces a choice between the boat and an aquarium. For now, I am sticking with the boat. If only I could figure a way to put an aquarium on the boat.

Last edited:
GFC, Thanks ...
MYTraveler, As of now, I most likely want to relax out of all the troubles that I got myself and family into. The reason for my move... Something out where we as a family can enjoy looking at. And the Angels are somewhat better.

Thanks to imagineplumbing.ca for the help in setting up the tank. And thanks for the help with services.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom