1951 Langhorne National Open

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

menzies

Guru
Vessel Name
SONAS
Vessel Make
Grand Alaskan 53
It's a bit long, but go ahead to the 5:00 mark and watch!

Wally Campbell was lucky that day, but his luck ran out 3 years later.

=======================================

Wally Campbell ( July 16, 1926 – July 17, 1954) of Trenton, New Jersey was a stock car, midget, and sprint car racer. He was the 1951 NASCAR Modified champion and the 1953 AAA Eastern Division Sprint car rookie of the year. Campbell was killed practicing for an AAA Midwestern Division sprint car race at Salem, Indiana on July 17, 1954. He was one day past his 28th birthday.

Wally Campbell ( July 16, 1926 – July 17, 1954) of Trenton, New Jersey was a stock car, midget, and sprint car racer. He was the 1951 NASCAR Modified champion and the 1953 AAA Eastern Division Sprint car rookie of the year. Campbell was killed practicing for an AAA Midwestern Division sprint car race at Salem, Indiana on July 17, 1954. He was one day past hiran ther back
i ran there back in 1957, but blew there engine after 33 laps

Wally Campbell ( July 16, 1926 – July 17, 1954) of Trenton, New Jersey was a stock car, midget, and sprint car racer. He was the 1951 NASCAR Modified champion and the 1953 AAA Eastern Division Sprint car rookie of the year. Campbell was killed practicing for an AAA Midwestern Division sprint car race at Salem, Indiana on July 17, 1954. He was one day past his 28th birthday.
i ran there in 1957 but blew the motor after 33 laps

i ran there back in 1957 but blew the motor after 33 laps but it was quite a experiance it was my first time running on dirt i always ran on the hard stuff but it was a place that i will never forget

i ran there back in 1957 but blew the motor after 33 laps but it was quite a experiance it was my first time running on dirt i always ran on the hard stuff but it was a place that i will never forget

Wow, neat story.

You must be getting into your 80's based on that?

Back
Top Bottom