Pass C to Biloxi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tony B

Guru
Vessel Name
Serenity
Vessel Make
Mainship 36 Dual Cabin -1986
In the old days - prior to Katrina, we could leave the Pass C harbor channel and draw a rhumb line straight to the end of the Biloxi Lighthouse channel where the Beau Rivage used to be. Never worried about the spoils area in the Gulfport Channel.
Can I still safely do this or did the storms change this into some kind of nautical disaster area? has this been cleaned up?

I would rather do this than follow the ICW if possible.

Thanks in advance

We have run over the Gulfport Channel spoil lots of times since 2005 in a 19ft Cape Horn, never really noticing the spoil bank on the sounder, There was some dredging out closer to Ship Island last year but I don't recall seeing anything closer inshore. You will probably be ok if the adjacent water depth is more than 12-15 ft.

Good Luck.

I guess I didn't word this properly. I meant to ask more about the situation with sunken boats and containers. Has this been cleared? I was wondering if it was safe to hug the coast by maybe a mile or so rather than the ICW, which we know ic cleared.

The only sunken boat I've seen is a shrimp boat sunk near the ICW SE of Pass Christian. It has a temp bouy near it and the nets are still above water.

The Katrina debris was picked up, the sound was worked over shortly after the storm. The shrimpers are trawling around as usual so I figure it's mostly clear. My Defever has been over in Pass Christian for two years and I have been running out to the islands without any worry.

As far as running along the coast, use normal caution.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom