Now That I Have " LEARNED MY BOAT"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So if I understood the subject of the thread, the OP learned his boat...

L

To keep you contained?

Why no Murray, you misunderstand a WALL’s purpose. A wall of any kind has nothing to do with containment. Instead it would remove the lower hanging fruits of monthly support benefits, including food stamps, housing and so forth and minimizing expensive but currently needed illegal entry prevention control.

Just as you described with deer. The more entries the country has to put up with, the greater strain on the understory. Without checks, the understory will become unaffordable. You’re a smart man, you should be able to understand that:thumb:

Having grown up in Europe, every time I hear about walls this send chills up my spine. But this is in the air nowadays, people forget, people find that funny, people prefer to look inward...Never forget that a wall at first sight may be there to prevent invaders from outside to come in, but one day, sooner or later, it will prevent you to go out.

Now back the poor OP who learned his boat :)

L

You’re a smart man, you should be able to understand that:thumb:

Sorry...I was brought up in Canada within a framework of multiculturalism and a social safety net.

If you've ever wondered why Canada isn't having the same problems as you are, maybe you should check them out :flowers:

Sorry again...I fail to see the negative in your posted link in that it demonstrates how a country with one tenth your population is dealing with those who are fleeing your country.

Mimicking others, there you go again. You should see no negative in my post because none was meant. Canadian benefits are attractive especially for those in need. My earlier URL was intended to show that many who cannot gain permanent access to our Country are taking advantage to access offered by yours.

Our great Country continues to permit upwards to one million legal immigrants a year. Many have waited years for this opportunity so our government strives to prevent people including children from illegally skirting the legal immigration process.

I fully support what your government is doing!!! It is personally reassuring that alternate avenues are available to those who have left their countries of origin and can find refuge in Canada. :thumb:

Ahhh...okay.

Wall talk makes me jumpy I guess.

GFC, I read your new post hoping it would bring new light and resolution, but it got worse. And just plain offensive. As you seem to have developed a strange interest in my underwear, may a nutria inhabit your undies, preferably a close and knowing relative of the one you shot. That aside, I`m sure you are a great guy and wish you well.

Last edited:
Thanks Peter. If by "understand" you mean "approve", I think we differ. Extraneous material accompanying the belated elaboration(which itself raises issues) has complicated the discussion.

Quite some time ago I conveyed my apology to the OP for the mess visited on his thread. In my view that mess originates from the irrelevant gratuitous paragraph 3 of post 2 which, having regard to its terms,invited confrontation. I don`t believe further exploring the merits of the volunteered incident, or the discussion,will be helpful.

I now have a first hand nutria experience to share. Fired up both engines for a check last week. Out of the starboard exhaust port comes three very dead nutria- looking a smelling bad. About the size of small football. But there is more. Because we continued to get white bubbly stuff and a strong smell, in neutral, I surged the RPM up to 2000 for a second and a forth very smelly dead nutria coughed out. These things were not in there three weeks earlier. Were they feasting on the inside of my exhaust hose? Not likely sayid some "expert" but I immediately got some 1/4" mesh screen and fitted a temporary fix off the swim step. I then went to our new chandeliery (Svensen's at Bay Ship and Yacht) and ordered exhaust port flaps. 6" at $60/ea. They go on at haulout in November. The point is nutria are now a feature in the California Delta.

I now have a first hand nutria experience to share. Fired up both engines for a check last week. Out of the starboard exhaust port comes three very dead nutria- looking a smelling bad. About the size of small football. But there is more. Because we continued to get white bubbly stuff and a strong smell, in neutral, I surged the RPM up to 2000 for a second and a forth very smelly dead nutria coughed out. These things were not in there three weeks earlier. Were they feasting on the inside of my exhaust hose? Not likely sayid some "expert" but I immediately got some 1/4" mesh screen and fitted a temporary fix off the swim step. I then went to our new chandeliery (Svensen's at Bay Ship and Yacht) and ordered exhaust port flaps. 6" at $60/ea. They go on at haulout in November. The point is nutria are now a feature in the California Delta.

Hawkeye???? Did you change your name, Ted?

Bummer about the nutria in your exhaust. Hope you got 'em all out and they didn't chow down on any parts.

BTW, I passed your boat on Bethel Island this summer during my July foray into the Delta. Had a wild time on your island! Didn't see any nutria sunning on your swimstep but I MIGHT have been distracted by the T&A show floating by.

Better than Mandeville!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom