Moody Garden Hotel/Marina special

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Victor_Chat

Vessel Name
Sea Catsle
Vessel Make
1971 Hatteras 58 Yacht Fish
They seem to be continuing their summer promotion, buy one night, get one free. We booked a weekend stay, NOV 29-30th there. Their phone number is 888-388-8484.

Thanks for the heads up. That is always a great trip. I will say that if you are there and a Norther blows you will be at the mercy of about a mile fetch and your boat will be unprotected from that fetch. The only reason I say this is that a friend was there in December and a wicked cold front blew through. They were subject to 2-3 foot chop....IN THE SLIP...and had to move the boat in those conditions in the middle of the night over to Pelican Rest where they had protection.

Just something to consider in the Winter months....

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up on the Moody Gardens special. We've been planning a trip down there for a while and it looks like we might make it the week of the 14th.

If conditions are too bad we might just anchor out for a night and head back to Clear Lake. Main thing is to get some miles on the Floscan. Give us some idea if we want to attempt the Great Loop or just put the boat up for sale and buy another sailboat.

Bob

Thanks for reminding me of the weather. We were there one weekend last November when a front blew in. It was interesting, definitely 2-3's in the slip. Our boat did ok, which was a good feeling. A few smaller boats (<35 ft) packed up in the middle of the night and went across the bay. Always a good reminder to always make sure you tie up well and always plan for the worst.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom