Good app for tides?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

loafs and fishes

Vessel Name
loafs and fishes
Vessel Make
Nimble Nomad
Any suggestions for a good tide app for the gulf coast of Florida? I have localtides.net bookmarked, but am looking for an app for the phone.

I thought everyone used iPhones:socool:. I just looked and AyeTides does not offer their app for the Android platform. So my suggestion of AyeTides is assuming you use an iPhone.

Aye tides works very well. The Garmin charting app also has easy to use tide and current info. I usually end up using the gamins, since I'm looking at a chart to see where I want to go in the first place.

Around NE Florida, this is handy: tides.mobilegeographics.com

Not an "app," per se, but easily viewable using the browser in any smart phone. Has a nice graphical presentation.

"Hi Tide" works well and is simple and free

Hi Tide is $1.99 in app store, still cheap but not free.

No Hi Tide at the google play store :-(

Play store app....

Tides Near Me free

Simple and seems accurate

No Hi Tide at the google play store :-(

Tom, Try DGS Tides and Tide Prediction. Both are available in the Google Play Store and provide a graphical presentation rather than tide tables of numbers. I find the tide charts easier to interpret at a glance.

Thanks psneeld and Al. I will check them out.

re; High Tide

Funny it's on my Droid as I type this but I can't locate it at the Play Store. I guess they removed it, shame it is very nice.

Sorry

The app recommended by FlyWright is very similar to High Tide.

Last edited:
The BoatUS app has decent tide info -- nearby stations, you pick favorite stations, etc.

-Chris

Last edited:
I use one named "Tide Chart" ain't that imaginative! On my Iphone and Android tablet. works fine for me and is free. Are you planning to be heading down this way?

Steve, I am heading back to our old stomping grounds - Pine Island Sound, for February '16. Gonna hit 'Tween Waters, Cabbage Key, etc. Tenatively staying a week at marina on San Carlos island, maybe a week at 'Tween Waters and after that, not sure. Maybe on the hook at Cayo Costa, Matlacha,.....
Any chance M/V Gumbo might be in the neighborhood around that time?

Great cruising grounds, normally we would be over there in the spring, but, out parents are in their 90s now, no siblings of ours live in this area now so we have to keep close to home.
Sanibel Marina is a nice stop not too far out of the way, Pelican Bay on Cayo Costa is good too, along with those you mentioned. Keep an eye out for a wallet floating around near Matlacha maybe it has surfaced by now. Have a great trip
keep us posted,

Tide Graph

Great cruising grounds, normally we would be over there in the spring, but, out parents are in their 90s now, no siblings of ours live in this area now so we have to keep close to home.
Sanibel Marina is a nice stop not too far out of the way, Pelican Bay on Cayo Costa is good too, along with those you mentioned. Keep an eye out for a wallet floating around near Matlacha maybe it has surfaced by now. Have a great trip
keep us posted,
Aging parents - BTDT
Pelican Bay is definitely on the agenda. Thanks for the tip on Sanibel Marina. I will look into that. Also, I will definitely be keeping my eyes out for any floating wallets near Matlacha :p

I use one named "Tide Chart" ain't that imaginative! On my Iphone and Android tablet. works fine for me and is free. Are you planning to be heading down this way?

+1 for Tides near me and I also use Tidechart as it has a graphic representation of the tides but not as many station locations as TNM (at least in southwest Louisiana)

Back
Top Bottom