Destin harbor anchorage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

calimari

Veteran Member
Planning on stopping by Destin tomorrow, where is the best place to anchor for night. Or recommended marinas. Thanks

I was there a few months ago and went into harbor and anchored right in the center. Finding a place for the dingy when onshore, took a little longer! Bribery and corruption worked well. Ask for a guy named Clancy on any of the docks and he will take care of you.

I think from my studies that Destin Harbor is a No Discharge zone. If you can't find a spot crab island (1 mile) away is very nice

Destin Harbor is party central in the evening with AJs and 20 other bar/restaurants in the harbor with music until 2:00am! Dimmer is right about the use of your dingy; no where to dock! If a quite anchorage is more to your liking we have anchored in Hogtown bay several times. Also Joe's bayou is a good stop over. If a marina is preferred Baytown in Sand Destin is super nice (Expensive). Active Capt. have all of these locations on their site.

Ended up anchoring in center of harbor between two no wake signs. Weather was great. AJ's was wide open with its new thatched roof after the fire. used tender to go everywhere. Also stopped at Baytowne Marina.

Glad to hear you had fun. We should be there next week sometime!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom