Boatoberfest boat show, October 24 - 27

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dimer2

Moderator Emeritus
Vessel Name
Baobab
Vessel Make
Bayliner 4788
Houston Texas
There is a small boat show going on this weekend at Marine Max… From Thursday thru Sunday. In water and apparently around 100 small vendors.

Last edited:
I was curious how big or small the event was going to be. The promoters are the same people that do the Boat Show over at South Shore Harbor. So it may be bigger than you(we) are expecting.

I plan on visiting Thursday and will let you know. I was told at least 5 of the brokerage houses are displaying including a 2013 Defever 50 that I want to look at....NOT buy....look lol.

I plan on visiting Thursday and will let you know. I was told at least 5 of the brokerage houses are displaying including a 2013 Defever 50 that I want to look at....NOT buy....look lol.

Cool. If you would, post up on this thread with a report after you go on Thursday. I am out of town until Saturday and may not be able to make it until Sunday. I am not gonna bust my butt to get there if it is not worth it.

Well, the weather was good, the boat show....not so much. About a 1/4 of the size of the "Houston" boat show. They had some end of season deals, food was good and beer was cold. Parking sucked! $10.00 entry fee. That Mainship was there with the stern all folded out ($248K). The boats were on the North side of West Marine and the booths etc on the South side.

If you have absolutely nothing to do Sunday....but I can't 'recommend' it.

Cool. Tanks for the report!!!!

It was smaller than the SSH show by a bit. Nothing much new, usual vendors, waste of $10 for me. They are getting so many of these "little" boat shows around, I think they'll implode after a couple of years. Between the consumers not coming, and the expense of all these shows for the vendors, I think maybe one will survive, but the rest will collapse.

Back
Top Bottom