Old 03-28-2009, 01:55 PM   #1
Guru

Vessel Name: Anastasia III
Vessel Model: Krogen 42
Contraband Days, Lake Charles, LA

We head over there almost every year. It's a great pirate themed festival with music, food, rides, etc. You can tie up to the seawall and you're right in the middle of things. Their website is http://www.contrabanddays.com/default.asp. It's April 28-May 10 this year. I'll be there the first weekend; that Saturday is their Trop-Rock day, so they've got a lot of Jimmy Buffet style music. Hanna's Reef, Kelly McGuire (maybe), Jim Morris and the Big Bamboo band, etc. Lots of fun!
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 09:03 PM   #2
Guru

City: Thibodaux, Louisiana
Vessel Name: Gumbo
Vessel Model: 2003 Monk 36
RE: Contraband Days, Lake Charles, LA

I have been wanting to make it to the Contraband Days for a couple of years now, usually we cruise over to the panhandle that time of year but are not this year though so I'll see if we can make it to L. Charles. How do you go about getting a spot on the seawall, reservations or first come first served?
Steve
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 09:05 AM   #3
Guru

First come, first served. You can't dock on the part with the steps; that's for the Buccaneers only. Most smaller boats med moor stern to the seawall, but I always side tie. You might have to let someone raft up with you if you do so, but other than the occasional jet ski or ski boat, nobody has ever asked to. We usually get there before Noon on Thursday and have our pick of spots. Remember there's no water or electricity. The seawall is a bit tricky. The top part sticks out, then goes back in, then there's a ledge that sticks out right below the water, so bring your biggest fenders. When the tide drops enough, you can drop a fender between your boat and that bottom ledge.
Old 04-27-2009, 03:48 PM   #4
Guru

Varnishing finished, maintenance caught up, supplies on board... ready to leave on Thursday! WooHoo! Will anchor out East of Port Arthur, then arrive in Lake Charles Friday morning. Anyone else going?
Old 04-28-2009, 06:41 PM   #5
Guru

City: Diberville Mississippi
Vessel Name: KnotDoneYet
Vessel Model: 1983 42' Present Sundeck

Sounds like a great time. Post some pics if you get a chance.We will be on the hook at West Ship Island Thursday night and Cat Island Saturday night- celebrating the big 50. Can't think of anything I would rather do than be on the boat somewhere...anywhere!!Steve
Forkliftt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:05 PM   #6
Guru

I was hoping to go too but a bunch of things piled up on me so looks like it won't be this year. Have a great time!
Steve W
Old 05-06-2009, 05:35 AM   #7
Guru

Keith, tell us, how was the trip and stay at Contraband Days? I really do want to make that one of these days (years)
Thanks
Steve
Old 05-06-2009, 07:09 AM   #8
Guru

Nice trip, fun festival. Lots of great friends and music. Had the obligatory rain showers on Sunday, but watched Wayne Toups indoors in the civic center. Corn dogs were expensive at $5! That's just rape. So we found a $4 at the carney and it was lousy, so we switched over to shrimp on a stick. Yum!
Attached Thumbnails
contraband days 2009 001.jpg   contraband days 2009 004.jpg   contraband days 2009 022.jpg   contraband days 2009 051.jpg   contraband days 2009 077.jpg  

contraband days 2009 098.jpg   contraband days 2009 158.jpg   contraband days 2009 168.jpg   contraband days 2009 208.jpg   contraband days 2009 211.jpg