Where are all the OA owners?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Aruna
Vessel Make
Kristen Yachts 50 Pilot House
I'm curious if there are other forums or places online that OA owners are lurking in? I have only bumped into a few here, and one or two elsewhere, but I know there are far more folks out there that have OAs!

Maybe they're just too happy cruising around and don't have time for the Internet!

I'd love to meet folks who have similarly sized/engined boats to mine, as I think we could learn a lot from each other.

Suggestions appreciated!

Join the Seattle Yacht Club. There is a huge group of OA owners there. I believe your boat used to live there as well.

Join the Seattle Yacht Club. There is a huge group of OA owners there. I believe your boat used to live there as well.

Interesting idea. I’m not that big of a fan of yacht clubs unfortunately. That particular one is quite spendy as well.

I’ll keep looking. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Steve, there is an OA MK1 "club" on Facebook. Run by OA owners in the PNW. Not sure about the web address but I'll bet if you search for it on FB they might be helpful.

We have at least one very active OA in our YC (which is a very un-yacht club, yacht club) who just set out for Alaska.

Last edited:
Steve, there is an OA MK1 "club" on Facebook. Run by OA owners in the PNW. Not sure about the web address but I'll be if you search for it on FB they might by helpful.

We have at least one very active OA in our YC (which is a very un-yacht club, yacht club ) who just set out for Alaska.

Well put- that EXACTLY describes our club!

Steve, there is an OA MK1 "club" on Facebook. Run by OA owners in the PNW. Not sure about the web address but I'll bet if you search for it on FB they might by helpful.

We have at least one very active OA in our YC (which is a very un-yacht club, yacht club) who just set out for Alaska.

Thanks! I believe I found it, and it looks like it was created in February 2019, so a fairly new group. I searched last year and earlier this year a bunch of times, and didn't find it. I've already applied and hope to be approved.

I would love to be part of an un-yacht club yacht club. I've looked into a couple here in Seattle, and they seem pretty laid back and don't want a million dollars a year, and am considering it. Would love to know which one you're in if you're willing to share!

Thanks! I believe I found it, and it looks like it was created in February 2019, so a fairly new group. I searched last year and earlier this year a bunch of times, and didn't find it. I've already applied and hope to be approved.

I would love to be part of an un-yacht club yacht club. I've looked into a couple here in Seattle, and they seem pretty laid back and don't want a million dollars a year, and am considering it. Would love to know which one you're in if you're willing to share!

Steven (Airstream345) and I are with Tyee Yacht Club.

We're laid back, fun, have great people, and dues are $380/year. No monthlys, no mandatory volunteer hours- just a bunch of people that have a love of the water.

Peter and I (and a few others here on TF) belong to Tyee YC. Super laid back, lot's of actual boating together (like in season cruises every weekend). Members are always willing to lend a hand or give advice or share their knowledge. Good mix of ages, boats, diversity, backgrounds, live-aboards, weekenders and boating goals across our membership.

Tyee is one of the "Grand 14" so lot's of reciprocity and connections in the PNW. Clubhouse in on Lake Union (next to Pocock Rowing Center) beautiful (newly renovated) outstation in Eagle Harbor.

Most importantly - a ton of fun people. We've made some great friends through Tyee (Peter being one of them). When my wife and I first met people in the club we said to each other "OK, we found our tribe"

If you're interested in checking us out check the website:

http://www.tyeeyachtclub.org/

I'd be happy to connect in person as well, introduce you to other members, etc.

Steven (Airstream345) and I are with Tyee Yacht Club.

We're laid back, fun, have great people, and dues are $380/year. No monthlys, no mandatory volunteer hours- just a bunch of people that have a love of the water.

Ha! That is the one I have looked at for YEARS and was considering joining!

Peter and I (and a few others here on TF) belong to Tyee YC. Super laid back, lot's of actual boating together (like in season cruises every weekend). Members are always willing to lend a hand or give advice or share their knowledge. Good mix of ages, boats, diversity, backgrounds, live-aboards, weekenders and boating goals across our membership.

Tyee is one of the "Grand 14" so lot's of reciprocity and connections in the PNW. Clubhouse in on Lake Union (next to Pocock Rowing Center) beautiful (newly renovated) outstation in Eagle Harbor.

Most importantly - a ton of fun people. We've made some great friends through Tyee (Peter being one of them). When my wife and I first met people in the club we said to each other "OK, we found our tribe"

If you're interested in checking us out check the website:

http://www.tyeeyachtclub.org/

I'd be happy to connect in person as well, introduce you to other members, etc.

Very cool - Tyee is the one I was considering joining for a long time. I have a good friend who is a member, and she recommends it highly. I've looked at your website a number of times, and love the fact that it is part of the Grand 14.

I guess it is time to start looking into joining!

Very cool - Tyee is the one I was considering joining for a long time. I have a good friend who is a member, and she recommends it highly. I've looked at your website a number of times, and love the fact that it is part of the Grand 14.

I guess it is time to start looking into joining!

We'll there you go then! See you at meetup soon?

Also, some perspective from my wife and I on the whole "yacht club" thing. https://mvfortitude.com/2018/10/05/in-praise-of-the-yacht-club/

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom