Rollers for salon doors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Delta Dog

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Plan B
Vessel Make
1982 Ocean Alexander 43
I've got a 1982 OA trawler with sliding doors. We need to replace the rollers on the bottom of the door, I've already got the delrin track, but I can't seem to find a source for the replacement wheels or the whole truck assembly. Anyone know of a supplier that has them in bronze? I've attached some pics...

Attachments

• 20181017_153716.jpg
    20181017_153716.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 89
  • 20181017_153738.jpg
    20181017_153738.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 85
Hello Delta Dog,
I was able to get door rollers and key blanks for my 1995 OA 456+3 from Alexander Marine in Seattle (206-397-4377 direct line to parts), (206-397-4788 main number).

We have a sliding door aft that is actually not on wheels at all. It's easy enough to slide but won't move on its own even in beam seas. Delrin on Delrin would have a fairly low coefficient of friction.

I purchased the same roller yesterday from OA Seattle at the number posted by MTW ($25 plus shipping/handling). (a ball bearing roller would be a lot better and will retrofit if I can find one with SS bearings).

The track is another problem. I find the Delrin/UHMW strips inevitably crack around the screw holes...then the rollers start bumping and grinded and ruin the roller. I'm looking at adapting one of the extrusions in the chart below, which would allow for screws through the wider side flanges rather than through the rail track. The trick is to get the correct height at the rail and also allow for the track guides on either side of the roller to clear the base. I thought about a U shaped track with the roller running inside, but I think dirt would accumulate in the U. Also considering just a slider on the door bottom like Sabre602, but the OA setup on our 440 is a little complicated regarding side to side control. Anyway this site has some additional possible track profiles...

https://www.professionalplastics.com/professionalplastics/TivarUHMWProfiles-Guides.pdf

And I think the schedule 40 T-slot insert from these folks might work OK as a bottom track in conjunction with the OA roller. The guides that drop below the roller would drop down either side of the track and keep the door centered. Might have to shave a tiny bit off either side of the "V" at the top of the track rail. (BTW this profile is available in 10' lengths). The height of the track would be .7" versus the .4" I'm using at the moment, but I saw evidence of the door bottom dragging when I took it apart at the end of the summer. So a little extra is probably a good thing (for our boat at least). As an aside I'm using sliders instead of rollers along the top track on the sundeck door of our 440. Works well.

Anyway, here's the site mentioned above..

https://8020.net/freetextsearch/search/result/?keyword=t-slot+insert

Last edited:
I called OA in Seattle and they were able to replace all 4 door rollers as well as supply key blanks for my '94 Classico 423. Very helpful parts dept.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom