Replacement door track

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Delta Dog

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Plan B
Vessel Make
1982 Ocean Alexander 43
I have the sliding doors on my trawler, the starboard side plastic rail has broken down and the door is very hard to open and close. Does anyone know where I can buy the track? it's about a 1/2inch by 1/2 inch

Thanks!

Try Kevin with Ocean Alexander, his contact information is below. He was able to get me key blanks and door rollers for my 1996 OA 456+3

Good luck,

Kevin Davidson
Alexander Marine
1115 N Northlake Way Ste. 100

Seattle, WA 98103
Direct: 206-397-4377
Main: 206-397-4788

Kevin Davidson <kevin@alexandermarineusa.com>

I went to a window store (for household windows) and got some track used to retrofit patio doors. I also did all of the patio doors in my house. SS track, takes a wheel like a railway wheel, with flanges on both sides. On the boat the wheel is flat, but the woodwork either side keeps it on the centre of the track. This has worked well for 10+ years and counting.

If it's just 1/2" x 1/2" square plastic. You can UHMW squares at McMaster Carr . I think you can even get it graphite impregnated.

If it's simply 1/2" x 1/2" rectangular stock, then buy some stainless steel from McMaster-Carr or similar, drill and countersink and be done with it. You'll want to understand what's on the bottom of the door and replace that if necessary. (McM probably has the plastic or fiberglass, too).

https://www.mcmaster.com/#304-stainless-steel-tubing/=17uw9a9 or
https://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-304-stainless-steel-sheets/=17uw9p4

Better measure again; ours seems to be a 1 cm square welded from the bottom on to a thin strip.

Attachments

• IMG_3110.jpg
    IMG_3110.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 101
Thank you!

I'll give McMasters a try. My old boat (85 OA Trawler) doesn't have the as builts anymore because of the fire in the early 90's at the factory. I requested info on my boat from them before, but was told there wasn't any available.

Back
Top Bottom