Ocean Alexanders Owners Group Seattle/NW/PS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rodeo44

Good day everyone.

I am inquiring about a OA Owners group in the NW. I have a 1981 OA Tri-cabin and am interested to know if there is such a group around Puget Sound to share info and/or enjoy a rendezvous? Any info would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Ed
Rodeo4444@gmail.com

Hi Ed! We just purchased a 1983 Ocean Alexander Mark 1 in the PNW. There is supposed to be an OA Rally in Everett on September 23-25, 2016. Not sure we're going, but thought you might be interested if you hadn't heard about it. We are loving our new boat!

Hi Ed,
I'm also interested in a Ocean Alexander owners group in the N.W.. We live in Anacortes and own a 1986 38' tricabin.

Ron

Hi Guys

After i bought my Mk 1 I came across lady by the name of Carol Lee who used to organise the rendezvous for many years, but I'm not sure she is still active. I'll PM her email, I don't want to put it in public in case she gets a lot of spam mail. She is in the PNW.

I've not met Carol, but had a few emails. She was able to tell me who the previous owners of my boat were from her extensive records.

Herb, which Mk 1 did you buy - I still keep an eye on the ones for sale!

Great information! We know quite a bit about our boat, as we've talked to the two previous owners (she's only had two before us). We bought Kik N'Birrd, but are in the process of changing her name to Sweet M'Ocean. (My husband's initials are MO, and she's an Ocean Alexander is our thought process here - and both Aerosmith fans. Haha!) The previous owner said the name was "personal" to them, so we thought it appropriate to change it since we couldn't answer any questions (and we get a lot of them) about it. I wanted to go back to her original name, Journey, but there are a lot of those out there. :) We are hoping to get back there for the trawler fest, but we might not be able to get there until the first week of June. We plan to spend June-October on her, and can't wait! It's interesting so many in Australia love the OAs. Why is that, do you think? How did you get Insequent there? I looked her up and see she was in Port Townsend at one point. We were thinking of buying a home there, but decided we already have a home in the boat, waterfront even. :)

Hi Ed,
I'm also interested in a Ocean Alexander owners group in the N.W.. We live in Anacortes and own a 1986 38' tricabin.

Ron

Ron,

How about sending you email. We are thinking about moving the boat from Seattle to Anacortes. Sorry about the long time wait for the reply. My email is rodeo4444@gmail.com. Did you find any other OA owners? My wife and I own a OA 40 Tri-cabin.

Best,

Ed

Great information! We know quite a bit about our boat, as we've talked to the two previous owners (she's only had two before us). We bought Kik N'Birrd, but are in the process of changing her name to Sweet M'Ocean. (My husband's initials are MO, and she's an Ocean Alexander is our thought process here - and both Aerosmith fans. Haha!) The previous owner said the name was "personal" to them, so we thought it appropriate to change it since we couldn't answer any questions (and we get a lot of them) about it. I wanted to go back to her original name, Journey, but there are a lot of those out there. :) We are hoping to get back there for the trawler fest, but we might not be able to get there until the first week of June. We plan to spend June-October on her, and can't wait! It's interesting so many in Australia love the OAs. Why is that, do you think? How did you get Insequent there? I looked her up and see she was in Port Townsend at one point. We were thinking of buying a home there, but decided we already have a home in the boat, waterfront even. :)

When I bought the bought it came with grandfathered rights to a slip at Edmonds, so I spent my first period on her there. But yes, I was in Port Townsend for quite a while. I went to have Naiad's fitted, but when we discovered a weeping fuel tank I expanded the scope of work significantly. Part of the reason for an expanded scope was that the first quote I had for shipping back to Australia was $100k, plus cradle plus some costs at each end. So I figured I would enlarge the fuel tanks when they were replaced, re-power, and put the rest of the boat in top order, and sail back on my own bottom!

But by the time work was finished the shipping quote had halved to $50k, and I was impatient to get home. So after a 3 month shakedown cruise in BC in case of any issues with work done (there was none, the guys at PT Shipwright's CoOp did a great job) I loaded her onto a freighter from the water in Vancouver, and 4 weeks later hopped on board again when she was unloaded into the Brisbane River.

My boat was mostly just one owner. Mike bought it new, and she was Jubilee for him. He sold to a friend but when that guys family struggled to all fit on board in comfort Mike bought it back. It seems it is common for them to not change hands often. The one that does cruises in Sydney Harbour (Blue Eyes II) is still with the original owners. There are a couple more down there, and a few here in Queensland. They are kinda a Goldilocks boat in many ways, 'just right'.

But by the time work was finished the shipping quote had halved to $50k, and I was impatient to get home..... I loaded her onto a freighter from the water in Vancouver, and 4 weeks later hopped on board again when she was unloaded into the Brisbane River.
Sounds very fair. I was just quoted a range of $18-22K to move a 38ft boat from Perth to Sydney by road.

Hi all,
Is there still a Ocean Alexander 40 Owners group in the Puget Sound area?
thanks....

"It's interesting so many in Australia love the OAs. Why is that, do you think? "

One of the founding investors in OA was an Australian (Gold Coast, Qld) broker. He imported quite a few. My own 1985 flushdeck model was 1st owned by the Mobile Oil agent in Hong Kong. She was subsequently brought to Australia on her own bottom via the Philippines.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom