Ocean Alexander 48?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KalaKai

Veteran Member
I've been looking for a trawler (again) but have veered off course and now really like an 86 Ocean Alexander 48 Sedan (actually a 52' with the factory added additional 4' in the cockpit).

PowerBoat Guide - Ocean Alexander 48-50 Sedan | Denison Yacht Sales

The boat has DD 6V53TI engines with about 3k hours which have had quite a bit of work done on them recently. Rest of the boat is in very good condition.

I intend to use the boat mostly at displacement speed in rivers and large lakes, but occasionally venturing offshore in the Gulf of Mexico. Probably do the Great Loop in a few years.

Anyone know how the boats handle in rough weather? Any positives or negatives on this model?

thanks!

Last edited:
Very nice boats with some of the best lines ever in a trawler. The DDs aren't my cup of tea but they're fine. Heavy weather will be no problem at all. Rivers and lakes are a bit of underkill for a boat of her capabilities. Double check airdraft for the loop.

Agree on the 'underkill' point, but we do take trips once a year or so across the Gulf of Mexico, so I need something that can do both. Maybe you were thinking of a different

I wasn't clear on the model of the boat I think.

This is the boat I'm looking at PowerBoat Guide - Ocean Alexander 48-50 Sedan | Denison Yacht Sales

She's not a trawler, but a sedan. I'd been looking for a trawler, but have taken a liking to this one for the layout of the salon/cockpit.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom