OA 42 Sedan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've never been aboard a 42 Classico so I can't comment on that.
My 42 Sedan has 3 entrances to the ER. Lazzarette, salon floor & under the forward steps. The salon entrance is by far the easiest. It has a ladder.

I had a 1990 42 Sedan with 3208s. The Yanmar 6LY2A-STP engines are much easier to get around. As far as tips on the Yanmars, I haven't had them long enough to make an informed comment.
Thank you.
Nice pics and nice looking ER.
There are not a lot of used OA's in this region to look at without a plane ticket so I have to lean on folks like you. I do have a few pics of Classico ER's and the 3208's look pretty tight. Cummins 6B's have more room but I doubt as much as your Yanmars.

Thanks again.

There are not a lot of used OA's in this region to look at without a plane ticket so I have to lean on folks like you. I do have a few pics of Classico ER's and the 3208's look pretty tight. Cummins 6B's have more room but I doubt as much as your Yanmars.
There is a 42 OA down here called "Sun Baby" that has Cummins in it and the room around them is very close to what I have. Except for the speed that would be nice to have in your area, (tidal currents) I think I'd opt for a pilot house boat. (Classico?) A hard enclosure (PH) would really be welcome with the weather that you guys get up there..

There is a 42 OA down here called "Sun Baby" that has Cummins in it and the room around them is very close to what I have. Except for the speed that would be nice to have in your area, (tidal currents) I think I'd opt for a pilot house boat. (Classico?) A hard enclosure (PH) would really be welcome with the weather that you guys get up there..

Thanks for the heads up on Sun Baby Too. There is a decent shot of the ER and it is definitely roomier with the 6B's than 3208's.

While it would be nice to spend a couple of nights at The Little Inn by the Bay and reconnect with the Chuck Hovey crew in Lido, that particular boat has no appeal, to me.

But, as has been said here many times, everything is a compromise...

I agree with you on the appeal of the PH and there was a time I would have desired one, over anything else. But, "the weather that you guys get up there" is only an issue for you guys down there. :whistling: Besides, it would need to be in at least the 50' range for a PH to overcome some of the compromises I see. Like aromas, noises and moods of 6 people confined to 200 sq. ft. in stowage class at daybreak. Speed vs fuel burn is another.

For many years I travelled our coast in nothing bigger than runabouts and 26-36 foot cabin jobs like Arts Tolly, only faster. A 4-5 hour run from Lund or Campbell River to Vancouver before sunup was not uncommon but my night cruising is in the past. It's all about laid back now and it would be easy to enclose and heat the bridge if necessary. I've never had an issue running from an inside lower helm.

So, unless something else jumps right up and grabs me, I will "settle" for what we used to call a tri or aft cabin ie GB Classic or OA Classico. Keep the occasional guest list at two and stuff them way up in the focsle.

43 PH to me it looks like it doesn't know what it wants to be.
http://www.grandslamyachtsales.com/core/listing/pl_ts_boat_full_detail.jsp?boat_id=2680494&checked_boats=2680494&hosturl=grandslamyacht&&ywo=grandslamyacht&&ybw=&units=Feet&access=Public&listing_id=22624&url=

48 PH same 3 cabin compromise and is pushing half a million Canadian...
http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1995/Ocean-Alexander-48-Classico-2900664/Portland/OR/United-States#.Vjjmh9GFOtg

50 PH wouldn't do either, even if I won the lottery http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/2007/Ocean-Alexander-50-Classicco-Trawler-2884491/Fort-Lauderdale-Boat-Show/FL/United-States#.VjjtmtGFOtg

456-3 = 48 of which only 3 were produced. It has a lot of features I really like and some I don't. The opening to the extra large cockpit from the aft stateroom I really dig but on this one, I don't think I like the Euro settee, clearview and a few other trivial items. 3 owners in 8 years though, I wonder how common that is.
http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1996/Ocean-Alexander-48-Classicco-2876373/Netherlands#.VjjvFdGFOtg

Back
Top Bottom