Door lock and roller hardware source?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Underway

Guru
I'm trying to identify the company that provided the hardware for the side doors on most OAs during the 80's and 90's. Specifically, I need a key blank or a complete tumbler for the latch locking mechanism. The door latch is a rectangular stainless casting (~4x6") with long release levers that are hinged at the top. The outside locking tumbler is a round threaded barrel that screws into the casting and simply movestrns a small tab one way of the other to lock/unlock the lever.

I'm also looking for the supplier of the rollers and tracks...(mostly new rollers). Looks like the same hardware for the rear sundeck door and the sliding side door by the helm.

The only clue I've been able to find on any of the hardware is the word "luck" stamped on the pushbutton lock for sliding sundeck door (different than the side door. A Google search turned up Sugatsune as the parent company for the Luck lock line...but no hardware that looks like what I'm after...mostly furniture drawer hardware. There is one obscure reference to Sugatsune marine hardware, but no U.S. source that I could locate.

The OA parts guys in Seattle, Florida, and Sturgeon Bay haven't been of much help, so I thought I'd give a shout here on the off chance....

As an aside, and while I'm talking parts...

All the external lights are "Peters and Bey". A company called Britmar in Vancouver carries the lenses. I have some of the parts numbers if you need them...my anchor and aft running light lenses were in poor condition.

Johnny Chu advised that gelcoat on OAs is snow white in color and supplied by Cook Composites. Unfortunately, Cook carries a number of part numbers for "snow white"..

There are three cutless bearings on a 440 (and probably the 460). The aft two use a bronze shell (herring"), and the forward one next to the stuffing box has a composite shell.

I'll post parts sources as I run across them...hope others do the same.

Do an advanced search for approximately year old posts from a member named Baglioni for your key. He had to source a similar key about a year ago if I recall and found one.

Wiper Motor Sorce / Replacement

Skidgear,

In all of your investigations have you been able to source the wiper motors for your 44' OA?

And do you know the best access route for the port side wiper motor.

Thanks,

RB Cooper

I sent you a PM, but the motors on our boat are TMC brand. TMC is headquartered in one of the Southeast states. Access on our boat is via the small square access panel in the forward head overhead. As I mentioned in PM, I'll dig up some photos and more detail if I can find any.

response to skidgear

Skidgear,

Thanks for the response. I'm interested in the port access. I can see how to access the starboard side via the small hatch in the forward head (although I haven't actually done this). Any and all help is greatly appretiated. My pm account seems to be nonfunctional. Request any emails to rbcooper80 at (@) gmail.com. Thanks again for your help.

RB Cooper

Hello there Skidgear,

We just purchased a 1994 Ocean Alexander 432 Classico, which has side door locks which match your description.

The boat came with only one working key, and the blank is TANSO.

We too are interested in getting a few more keys made.....were you ever able to find a source?

Best,

Henri

On my 2007 Ocean alexander, got key blanks form keyblanksales.com. (Trio # T 06. For door parts try diamondseaglaze.com. Maybe this will help

Key source

Thanks for the suggestion....I've been to their site and the selection is gigantic.

Ordering blanks as soon as we get a layover day with some spare time.

Thanks again,
Henri

Correction on key blank brand

The correct brand name is

TENSO

3 grooves milled on the face, 2 on the back.

Hello again. A quick note that I was able to purchase new key blanks and door rollers directly from Ocean Alexander....contacted them through website, and they replied almost instantly.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom