2000 Classico 430 Mki RPM and speed numbers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hwhite

Hello, I am researching to purchase what will be my retirement boat, been boating the Chesapeake Bay for many years on express cruisers burning lots of fuel. I've run across a 2000 OA 430 Classico Mki with 330 Cummins engines, I have obtained spec sheets on the engine so know gph burned at different rpm ranges, but I cannot find any numbers of how this boat performs speed wise at each rpm range, can anyone help me out from personal experience or point me to a source?

Brokers and sellers are of little use as seems these days everyone is afraid they will be sued if they give numbers and they don't hold up after a purchase, which I get but it is making it very difficult for me to make an informed decision on whether this boat is going to fit my fuel burn parameters for my planned several years of cruising.

Any help appreciated.

Try boatdiesel.com as a reference source. It does cost $25/year.

That being said, you'd have to know the specs of the boat to really make an accurate assessment of the performance characteristics of any boat. Have you asked the broker for the info from the present owner?

Thanks for the welcome, I now belong to two different trawler forums! So yes moving from what has been my comfort zone for years to all new boat characteristics and actually personal requirements as well. I do know to take my time and get it right the first time, do-overs are way too expensive.

I have narrowed down that I want a 40 - 50 ft raised pilot house trawler 'type' boat, probably 2000 or newer year model to have current equipment. I like the Kady Krogens for the most part, the 1-2 gph hour for displacement speed really rings my bell, but wanted to look around at other options as well and by chance ran across the OA 430 pilot house. I haven't seen one in person yet, hope to next month when I'm down FL for the Miami Boat Show as there is one for sale down there. Maybe the owner, if I get to meet him, will be more forthcoming in person, but as of now I'm getting nothing from the broker, I mentioned in my first post he stated the concern of being sued.

This model was only made from 2000 - 2006 so I guess not that many of them out there? Maybe why I'm not finding a lot of info of actual boat test or on different forums. From the listing pictures the boat seems to fit many of my requirements, but knowing the fuel consumption at the rpm - speed ranges is a must for me. I'll keep trolling, hopefully will find what I'm looking for.

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Thanks for the welcome, I now belong to two different trawler forums! So yes moving from what has been my comfort zone for years to all new boat characteristics and actually personal requirements as well. I do know to take my time and get it right the first time, do-overs are way too expensive.

I have narrowed down that I want a 40 - 50 ft raised pilot house trawler 'type' boat, probably 2000 or newer year model to have current equipment. I like the Kady Krogens for the most part, the 1-2 gph hour for displacement speed really rings my bell, but wanted to look around at other options as well and by chance ran across the OA 430 pilot house. I haven't seen one in person yet, hope to next month when I'm down FL for the Miami Boat Show as there is one for sale down there. Maybe the owner, if I get to meet him, will be more forthcoming in person, but as of now I'm getting nothing from the broker, I mentioned in my first post he stated the concern of being sued.

This model was only made from 2000 - 2006 so I guess not that many of them out there? Maybe why I'm not finding a lot of info of actual boat test or on different forums. From the listing pictures the boat seems to fit many of my requirements, but knowing the fuel consumption at the rpm - speed ranges is a must for me. I'll keep trolling, hopefully will find what I'm looking for.

Thanks again.

Hwhite, I also think the OA 43 Classico is a unique trawler. It fit my requirements. I looked for 3 years for the right type of boat before comming onto the OA 43 classico design. I think you have made a wise choice in trawlers. Not cheap but very capable. Faster than Krogen, having the get out of the way speed seemed important to me at the time, but really what is important is to get out there and live the life. I wish you well and hope you don't procrastinate like I did. By the time it took to over think the right boat I had other things come up that changed my plans. Please just go, live the live, you only live once. Just one year on your own, in your boat, of any kind, will have profound positive self assuring reinforcement that will benifet you for life. jUST GO, don't over think it. Good luck, happy seas, and have FUN!!!

Fuel consumption rates

Rocky, et.Al.,

What engines do you have, and what are your consumption rates? My side And I are gating serious about making an offer on a 423 classico with twin Cummings 330 hps.

Thanks

Gordon

Back
Top Bottom