What's this Hatt doing on my pulpit?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looking great Al - wow, the bottom looked great after six yrs. Good luck with finishing up the repairs.

Al - Looken Goooood! I've gots ta haul mine too for a big freshen-up on bottom, through hulls, rudder post channels, and a thorough hull shine job. You are inspiring me. I'm soon to accomplish... just don't know yet exactly how soon. - LOL

The new pulpit is slowly taking shape. The rains, a scarcity here, have slowed the varnish work. Hoping for a splash to beat OCD's east coast splash date of Dec 15. Let the race to the splash begin! :dance: :D

So then it's a race is it. ;)

Well I'm down here in Akumal Mexico cave diving till next Friday. Should be back in Maryland on Monday. Then it's splash time. Nothing like a little pressure. Hope your crew is up to the challenge. :rolleyes:

Ted

Well I'm down here in Akumal Mexico cave diving till next Friday. Should be back in Maryland on Monday. Then it's splash time. Nothing like a little pressure. Hope your crew is up to the challenge. :rolleyes:

Ted

I don't know Al. Yours is on the hard in Vallejo while Ted is cave diving near Tulum. Ouch! I think he's gotcha on this lap. I know where I'd rather be:socool:. Let me know if you need some help with it. I'll come over.

Ha! While Ted is splitting his day between leisurely cave dives and fruity drinks on the beach with umbrellas in coconut shells, Team FlyWright is hard at work cranking out results!

I just got off the phone with Sean. He's moving Cherubini back into the shed first thing Monday for custom rainbow pinstriping. He expects it to dry by the end of next week.

No worries. Contacted the local Mayan Indian chief. You're getting rain for the next 10 days. ;)

Ted

Hope your team is hard at it. I know I am.

20151206_165756.jpg

Ted

Ted

I went to the marina today to follow up on the 'progress'. Ted, I highly doubt you need to rush home to beat me to the launch.

The guys were starting to install the new rub rail, but no other work was performed in the past week! Arrrrrrgh! I have serious doubt that this boat will float before the end of the year.

All kidding aside, sorry to here that. Put my 13 year old pickup in the shop for a complete paint job and a little rust restoration. Was supposed to take 7 days. Done after 15 and it's going back in for a few things they ran out of time for. :banghead: if you're working on it and it's taking longer than expected, ok. If you're not working on it, I don't want to hear excuses.

Ted

That is bad news. Offer to help is still open. And I can always bring Steve to motivate the yard boss. Just kidding........

If the fishing Jones gets bad, we can go in the Alumaweld. It's fueled and ready. I took Steve and his son on Tuesday. Put in at Brennon Island and fished Stripers in the Sacramento around Decker to the power lines. Only two shakers by Steve's son, so I still have the beard. Only seen two keepers by other boats. No Sturgeon.

On a positive note, the old-new Cummins 6B for the Down East Yankee came in. It's in my shop now. I'll post an update on the Re-Power thread.

Bob

One thing I never developed patience for was people missing promised schedules.

Thanks for the generous offer, Bob. With Christmas fast approaching, I probably won't be fishing until Jan. Time for a new license!

B, I agree. Although the shop never set a firm completion date, I was assured they'd work diligently to get my man cave floating again.

They finished the new rub rail this week. Thanks to "Scout" Giggitoni for the reconnaissance photo.

img_395096_0_b2ea51cbfa70437e0d6308608feade29.jpg

Good to see forward progress. Looks very well done!

Ted

Planning to launch today even though the pulpit finish coat is still setting up. All that's left is a couple of hours reinstalling the pulpit/windlass. They'll reassemble the pulpit in my slip next week.

Good news! Santa came early:speed boat:.

Al, I've been watching this and enjoying seeing the progress. It'll be nice to have her back in the water. Nicest Christmas present you could ask for!

Planning to launch today even though the pulpit finish coat is still setting up. All that's left is a couple of hours reinstalling the pulpit/windlass. They'll reassemble the pulpit in my slip next week.
Good for you! Looks like 1st or 2nd for me. If it keeps raining like it has, I'll probably just float off the boat stands.

Ted

Good news! Santa came early:speed boat:.
Ho ho ho! She still floats!

Al, I've been watching this and enjoying seeing the progress. It'll be nice to have her back in the water. Nicest Christmas present you could ask for!

Good for you! Looks like 1st or 2nd for me. If it keeps raining like it has, I'll probably just float off the boat stands.

Both you guys know how it feels to have a boat out of commission. It's kinda sorta like I have a good friend in the hospital! Sorry yours will be longer than planned!

When I arrived at the yard, they took advantage of a weather window and had 3 men working on mounting the pulpit and windlass. They got it mounted but still have a couple finish, electrical connection and hardware items to complete. All in all, it looks good to me...like what I had.

Got launched and tucked away in my slip before having to leave for home to beat the Christmas rush hour traffic. Will return after Christmas to confirm completion and clean up. It feels good to have water under her bottom and a roof over her head again. :D

Merry Christmas to all...and to all a good night!

Last edited:
Hi Al;
Warm enough here to get out on the water. Sorry I put it on land this year. Your boat looks great. Where did you get the rub rail? Have a great Christmas & a wonderful boating season.

Thanks much, Chris! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

The rub rail was ordered from Svendsen Marine in Alameda, CA. I'm sure it's widely available form local sources near you.

Here's a shot of the package before installation:
img_398544_0_da0f887e9e72837e332834bd301376ca.jpg

Here are a few extra shots of the rail:

Mounting base

img_398544_1_8de71966eab3c155601d149e0d50bd69.jpg

End cap

img_398544_2_fe19c0b911513e43a849bf2b2fb1c3f9.jpg

Back
Top Bottom