What anchors are made in the US?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sean9c

Guru
If I can I'd like to support our US manufacturing base. Are there any new generation anchors made in the US?
Thanks

Sean,

And I'd like to support our friends abroad too.

Buying only domestic products is very inward looking.
And I might add very restricting.
I shop mostly to fill a personal need .. not to support anybody else.
In short .. free trade.

Yes, but... global economics aside... it's still an unanswered question...

I dunno the answer, but I think one of them, maybe one that starts with an "M" is made in Texas or similar. (Mantus, maybe?) There may be others.

FWIW, Fortress isn't particularly "new gen" but they work well and are made in the US.

-Chris

Last edited:
We have been manufacturing our product at the exact same facility in Fort Lauderdale, Florida since 1986, and so this is our 30th year.

Additionally, our product has had American Bureau of Shipping (ABS) certifications since the early 90s.

I am not aware of any new generation anchor that is being manufactured in the USA.

Safe anchoring,
Brian

Very patriotic Sean. I suggest buying the best anchor you can find, irrespective of country of origin.
"We might have dragged onto a lee shore, but at least our anchor was made domestically and not some pesky import".:D
Who knows, perhaps the best anchor is made domestically.

Genuine Danforth "Hi Tensile" anchors seem to be made in Atlanta Ga. by Tie Down Engineering. Can't find "made in the US" though.
Then there's the Danforth offered by West Marine. And there is a new anchor from WM called their "Scoop Anchor". Very strange looking thing. Again could'nt find "Made in the US".

I suspect the Delta may be made in the US.
Anybody know? I see they are from Lewmar but most likely made overseas.

Last edited:
The steel used in the Super MAX is US made steel. I require it from our steel supplier. The fabrication is all performed in Reedville, Virginia by US workers. I am never quite sure the criteria to be a "new generation anchor" but we believe we are and therefore are a US made new generation anchor.

Steve Bedford
Super MAX Anchors

How about taking non-boat talk to the OTDE? PLEASE!!!!!

Reading some of the posts about boating stuff is bad enough...politics by some is really intolerable. :D

If it's so intolerable why are you here getting upset?
And the posts are very relavant to this thread.
Also you're not a moderator.

I am talking anchors made in the US
..not the politics behind it.

No, politics aren't for this area and historically the mods have moved this kind of drivel out. I am suprised they haven't already or have tried to keep it on track.

Upset...nope...if you think you or some others here could get me upset...you don't get it at all. :)

You definitely don't want me to be a mod..... ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom