SARCA EXCEL First try

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've never tried this and I don't know anyone who has personally but it might be worth a try. I've heard that putting a road pylon like those orange cones you see at construction sites in your chain locker (pointed up of course) will prevent the chain from forming a pyramid.

Howard

I've heard about that technique as well, and thought about it for my boat.

The challenge I have is that my chain naturally falls on the bow, and slides down, then it starts building more on the bow, which is at an angle.

I might think about a piece of wood, like a 2X4 that would keep the chain from piling on the vee part of the bow would work...

The challenge I have is that my chain naturally falls on the bow, and slides down, then it starts building more on the bow, which is at an angle.

I might think about a piece of wood, like a 2X4 that would keep the chain from piling on the vee part of the bow would work...

Wifey B: Build it a little sliding board. :D It could be a small piece formed in plastic or metal.

Pending Kevin retrieving his Excel from 110 ft, you can visit Anchor Right Australia, the Aussie designer/manufacturer of Sarca products, to see what one looks like.

Hi Kevin
Our PT38 Sedan had the same problem in that the chain from the windlass was in the forward part of the "V" in front of the Sampson post. Here is a photo of what we did to solve the problem......:thumb:

Attachments

• IMG_20150531_135941.jpg
    IMG_20150531_135941.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 82
Hi Kevin
Our PT38 Sedan had the same problem in that the chain from the windlass was in the forward part of the "V" in front of the Sampson post. Here is a photo of what we did to solve the problem......:thumb:

Wifey.B must have read your mind...

Back
Top Bottom