Rode Warrior

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MurrayM

Guru
Vessel Name
Badger
Vessel Make
30' Sundowner Tug
No dragging for me! Once I lay this all chain rode down nothing, no stinking hurricane, not even a tsunami is going to budge old Badger!!

Now...how to get it all aboard?

Attachments

• Chain!.jpg
    Chain!.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 144
Yup the rode surely won't be needing an anchor .....

Unless you're in a small salt chuck that are so numerous up there.
How big is your anchor locker?

How big is your anchor locker?

Since we have a Sundowner Tug, we thought to ourselves, "Hey, why don't we chuck all this chain into an old herring punt and tow it like a barge?"

Works like a hot-damn and we put a diving board and slide on the punt too. We sure make a grand entrance into anchorages judging by all the stares and people pointing at us.

Last edited:
ummm, Murray it looks like you bought the wrong size!!!!

Just kidding. Get a bunch of friends to bring their wheel barrows down to the dock and form a "chain gang".

ummm, Murray it looks like you bought the wrong size!!!!

Just kidding. Get a bunch of friends to bring their wheel barrows down to the dock and form a "chain gang".

Buy it? I didn't buy it!

The marina has been dragging its ass about putting in the new floating breakwater for about a year and this mooring chain was laying around so long a guy starts to think to himself, "Well, if they aren't going to use it, I may as well put it to good use".

I tell you though, when it runs over the aluminum herring punt gunwale in deep water anchorages like Bishop Bay Hot Springs it echos off the mountainsides like rolling thunder for a couple minutes after the last of it hits the bottom!

Last edited:
No dragging for me! Once I lay this all chain rode down nothing, no stinking hurricane, not even a tsunami is going to budge old Badger!!

Now...how to get it all aboard?

I want to know what logging operation is missing their Skidder chains? :ermm:

I want to know what logging operation is missing their Skidder chains? :ermm:

The only true part in this thread so far was the bit about the mooring chains for the marinas floating breakwater...the marina was sure bouncing a couple days ago. The one they're working on now looks pretty robust, but our breakwaters keep braking! Rock would be nice but there's a steeply sloping glaciomarine clay and mud bottom...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom